Bloody hell ** UPDATED POST #47

Had the car back a month after having a used 200 box put in it and a new clutch etc etc and it's gone already.

I'm done

Last edited:
Will be ringing the place that carried out the work Monday and getting it to them asap.

If it is indeed shot then it won't be in my ownership for much longer.

Hey ho

Bad news and harsh luck but that's risk of 2nd hand boxes sadly.

I Learnt my lesson with boxes with me 1st car. Went through two. Both 2nd hand jobbies. 3rd time round just got it rebuilt with new bits and was fine after that.

any issues with my gearbox in this Clio . Unless can get new one dirt cheap through friends I'll just take somewhere to be rebuilt. Probley same price or cheaper than box aswell

As I said, I don't think its been fitted properly.

You said the clutch felt hard from the moment you had it back. Didn't you have a new clutch kit?

Shouldn't be like that.

Jesus :worried: bad news.

Will the 'ring trip still be happening?

Hopefully will be yes mate I will be on the phone to them tomorrow and trying to get it diagnosed asap I don't want to be missing this trip thats for sure.

Jack re Ring you can come in your Mankini in my Car if you Wish

Thanks for the offer Kev but if the worst happens and I can't get it sorted in time or it's too expensive then I probably won't be going as I would want to drive the ring if i was there.

whats actually wrong?

Was coming down a hill yesterday and begun to work my way down the gears to slow down for a round about and just couldn't get it into any gear. Had to probelm actually moving the gear stick into the position to then select the gear I wanted but it would just be met with resistance when trying to get it into gear. Like hitting a wall and had to really push it to get it into gear. Then when I had it in gear it would judder the first few hundred RPM's moving up the rev range.

Similar Thread Suggestions