Bloody hell ** UPDATED POST #47

Well at least it sounds more like clutch/linkage issue rather than the box crunching or anything, hopefully it's a simple fix by just adjusting either

I would be really unlucky to have had two gearboxes go but will have to wait and see what they say. Hoping its just a clutch issue and can be resolved quickly.

I have good faith it'll be an easy fix. Just don't drive it as it is to cause any damage to syncros etc if the clutch/linkage isn't lined up correctly or something

**** that's not good, it does sound like bad workmanship not like an actual issue with the gearbox itself. Hope you get it sorted asap mate.

Totally feel for you, sounds like it wasn't put back right and not syncro related.

Fingers crossed the phone call/diagnosis/fix goes well for you.

Sorry to hear this matey!!! Hope you get it sorted asap for your trip to the ring. Sounds like a clutch issue rather than syncro/gearbox. You checked to see if there is fluid dripping out of bottom of gearbox ? Maybe a done slave cylinder ?

Earliest I can get the car in is next Monday so for now she's just gotta sit there feeling sorry for herself.

Earliest I can get the car in is next Monday so for now she's just gotta sit there feeling sorry for herself.

I feel your pain jack, been without mine for 2 weeks and it's heartbreaking. Getting it back today so happy days. Hopefully It's nothing too serious and you'll be back in her soon :smile:

I feel your pain jack, been without mine for 2 weeks and it's heartbreaking. Getting it back today so happy days. Hopefully It's nothing too serious and you'll be back in her soon :smile:

Detailed her for a good 6 hours yesterday even though she's broke.

Had a call today to say that its a suspected shattered clutch or faulty slave cylinder.

The car is going into Renault either Wednesday or Thursday and they will then tell me whats wrong. If it is either of those two they are covered under warranty and I won't pay a thing. And if its anything else then I'm looking at paying the bill.

Not ideal and if its a case of the latter I will be doing the ring trip in April/May and then selling.

Shame because it's such a fun car to have but to me its just getting to that point now where I'm thinking enough is enough.

Will let you all know the outcome.

tbh i got this just out of warranty but its been good as god for at least a month now.

keep shelling out mate, i assure you one month it won't break down. Its usually the one your away on holiday for 3 weeks i find.

The thing that I'm just not understanding about this whole situation is that I paid the garage for the work. He got the part from Renault and he's saying that he can't lose a days work to take the car apart and identify the problem and that it has to be done at Renault who will pay for it if it does turn out to be a faulty part they supplied and if its not then I will have to pay Renault for whatever it turns out to be. Doesn't make sense to me. I've paid him for the work, a part HE got from Renault is faulty so therefore it has to go to Renault for repair?

If he suspects that (which he does) its a part he got from Renault and fitted then why do I have to go Renault to get it sorted? Should he be the one carrying out the stripping/diagnosing/repair/re-fitting?

Am I missing something or being retarded here? [MENTION=636]Mentalpen[/MENTION]

does not make sense as you said if it faulty it will be paid under warranty and if its not then he gets paid by you, so either way he gets paid so why is he losing a days work?

probably as its a Renault part thats faulty the warranty will only payout to a Renault dealer as they can claim direct from Renault uk

only issue with this if it isn't warranty then the Renault garage labour rate will be a lot of £££££...

Similar Thread Suggestions