Big Bens non Clio

The rate @sevenfourate is making stuff for thess cars yours will be a brand new car soon!

^^^^ I doff my cap to you kind Sir...........

***Seems the fitment of these does all differ very slightly. Yours is as good as i've seen Ben. Looks just like mine ! Unsurprising as that's the car i based it on :smile:

^^^^ I doff my cap to you kind Sir...........

***Seems the fitment of these does all differ very slightly. Yours is as good as i've seen Ben. Looks just like mine ! Unsurprising as that's the car i based it on :smile:

Common - this is Renault you weren't expecting them to be al identical were you?

Have finally found a company that I'm happy with to powder coat my Silverstone Laguna wheels that I purchased recently. 5mins from me and I never knew it existed until today!

Had a good chat with the owner who was a hands on guy and he showed me around his workshop.

Lots of roll cages, axles and other motor components in various stages of refurb/coating which I found encouraging!

Settled on a Gold colour that he had in stock which kept the price reasonable. Two week maximum turnaround so watch this space!

Have finally found a company that I'm happy with to powder coat my Silverstone Laguna wheels that I purchased recently. 5mins from me and I never knew it existed until today!

Had a good chat with the owner who was a hands on guy and he showed me around his workshop.

Lots of roll cages, axles and other motor components in various stages of refurb/coating which I found encouraging!

Settled on a Gold colour that he had in stock which kept the price reasonable. Two week maximum turnaround so watch this space!

I would advise you to get them lacquered too - if you wern't already.

I deal with powder-coated items every day of my working life. 95% of which are "Industrial" and not lacquered.

However.......i always have my wheel lacquered and the finish, quality and longevity is on a different level.

Good luck buddy.

Reactions: Big Ben
thats a bonus..5 mins from you?you are lucky..saves you a lot of trouble..looking forward to seeing the result..

I would advise you to get them lacquered too - if you wern't already.

I deal with powder-coated items every day of my working life. 95% of which are "Industrial" and not lacquered.

However.......i always have my wheel lacquered and the finish, quality and longevity is on a different level.

Good luck buddy.
From memory so bear with me. The process is going to be:
Chemical bath strip
Shot/sand blasted
Repairs if necessary
Magnesium(?) primer coats
Colour powder coat
Clear Lacquer top coat

Sounded ok. Not sure if he said magnesium or not lol

Last edited:
Great stuff Ben, it's often the case with places being right under your nose! Sounds like it's a good outfit. Gold should suit the blue very nice!

Little bonus tonight.

My R.S. gearknob finally arrived from Poland (ordered 2nd Jan eBay)

Pulled off old knob and spring went flying... spent 5mins in dark with torch to find it under drivers seat:grinning:

New one fitted nicely though and looks pretty cool. Weighs a fair bit to

Should compliment my new steering wheel that's being fitted in the morning:wink:

More pics tomorrow

gear knob.png

Gear knob is awesome mate. Massive improvement.

But the wheels news is BIG! Gold!!! Well impressed mate. Good on you for having the balls to go for it. Will look AMAZING.

Flying visit to see Jake at Royalsteeringwheels this morning.
He didn't disappoint :smiley:

Really pleased with the quality and feel. Highly recommend his service.

Have to admit the cabin feels a whole lot better with the few additions.

Thanks for looking as always

new steer.png