Argh! Keycard packed up

Hopefully its just the battery, but i can no longer use hands free and have to play with the buttons to get the car to start.

Anybody else had problems? Both my cards are now flat / bust so I'm hoping it isnt the internal sensor as that would be truly shocking. :jumpon:

do you use the slot in the dash, as the replacable battery is just for the central locking buttons and not the handsfree, there a non replacable battery for that which charges off the slot.

Not usually. It always sits in my pocket / wallet.

How does it charge off the slot? Some kind of induction? there are no exposed metal parts to charge from.

I'll get some new batteries to start with I think... this could be bad, thank goodness for extended warranty!

induction is the theory, cheaper way would be to use the slot, those on here that had the same problem, started using the slot and never had a problem since

Never used the slot in nearly 5yrs.Battery went in both of mine same day but just changed both never had a prob since

I think I'm going to buy new CR2025s and see how it goes. I bet they've never been changed in either of them and the car is 4 years old.

I am pretty sure that the slot for the keys doesn't in anyway charge the key up, mike, I've had the exact same problem, change the batteries and both will work like new

Mine both went within a few days of each other. One minute they work fine, the next they stopped completely! No warning or anything! The Mazda told us the day after we had it the battery was low. Nice little touch, although changing the battery wasn't as easy as changing the one in the Clio, with is so easy!

I bought 10 batteries off ebay for £1.69.

Might get one decent one out of the lot!

Will keep you all updated, and I'm going to pull the dash apart to see how (if at all) the other battery can charge up!

I am pretty sure that the slot for the keys doesn't in anyway charge the key up, mike, I've had the exact same problem, change the batteries and both will work like new

Renault technician told someone on here a while ago, a there was a picture of one split open, and those people that had problem with starting there cars that starting using the slot after, never had starting problems again, think jase was one who had this starting problem.

Renault technician told someone on here a while ago, a there was a picture of one split open, and those people that had problem with starting there cars that starting using the slot after, never had starting problems again, think jase was one who had this starting problem.

That would be cos of the contact from the signal in the key to the car, nothing to do with charging

same here!

looked at variuos renault material and cant find that mentioned...in some ways defeats the whole handsfree experience really :001_rolleyes:

Google- renault keycard and look at images, theres a keycard in two halfs and theres what looks like a battery in the circuit board

Google- renault keycard and look at images, theres a keycard in two halfs and theres what looks like a battery in the circuit board

I think there is battery and like a processor chip, the chip is what sends yhe signle to the car and vice versa

Keycard battery needs replacing

Not quite sure where to post this , so here goes , my daughter's 197 has been displaying message replace keycard battery - I have done so and message still comes and goes . Any ideas ,

tia