Argh! My 200 f***** by the wind!

Opened the drivers door, a huge gust of wind gets hold of it, I grabbed the handle...but with no leverage it got ripped out of my hand and then the door proceeded to try and meet the front wing :worried:

Door closes and locks OK, but needs pressure to close it properly. Doesn't seat as it should around the top of the door, and the leading edge of the door now catches on the trailing edge of the front wing whenever it's opened or closed.

Looking at where the hinges are mounted on the body, looks like the mounting area may have been deformed/bent outwards a little.

Anyone ever had this sort of problem?

I'm guessing a simple undoing/redoing of the bolts wont cure it. Bodyshop required to work on the mounting points?

Insurance job?

If its creased the mounting point for the bracket then its gonna be a substantial amount of work/cash to have it repaired/replaced imo.

....nightmare....that doesn't sound cheap as it ould involve work to the frame of the car...I reckon its an insurance job!

The doors not damaged from what he's saying. It sounds like the chassis been slightly bent where the hinges mount

The 'A' pillar is part of the safety cell and tripple skinned (or more) so is quite strong, the door on the other hand is not and were the hinges mount to the door is, i would say whats moved/given way and bent it slightly.

Hence why the top of the door is not sitting in the opening quite right.

I know this sounds rough/like a bodge but i've seen it done, try putting some strong wood in the 'A' pillar and closing the door against it, it may bend back.

The 'A' pillar is part of the safety cell and tripple skinned (or more) so is quite strong, the door on the other hand is not and were the hinges mount to the door is, i would say whats moved/given way and bent it slightly.

Hence why the top of the door is not sitting in the opening quite right.

I know this sounds rough/like a bodge but i've seen it done, try putting some strong wood in the 'A' pillar and closing the door against it, it may bend back.

I went out and filmed the door, resistance to closing, and the fouling of the door/wing last night. Didn't get a chance to upload it though so will do tonight.

As I was out there...I had this ^^^^ exact same thought...a piece of wood and some gentle persuasion.

A friend who buys/repairs/sells on insurance write offs is having a look tonight as he often has to effect repairs like this.

Then it's off to Rentech on Saturday morning for their opinion.