Argh, these Clios are like crack...

So I bought an e9x M3 last week, apart from the clio it's been one of my favorite cars of all time, it was an itch I NEEDED to scratch.

So it's great fun, and obviously brutally quick despite the disappointing lack of torque.

Anyway, I just can't get my mind off the Clio, not being able to afford to keep both cars due to taking a new lower paid job I need to let one go. The Clio would be the natural choice to sell for most people in this instance (maybe not everyone on here), but I have a whisper in my mind... "turbo clio, turbo clio, turbo clio"

So my question is, would I be better off selling my R27 and using that money to pick up a dogged clio 200 to drop a lump in? I can't help but feel it would be a bastardisation of a completely clean and unfaultered R27 to rip it out and put a meg lump in to (recently had a new gearbox and everything carried out).

Do the Clio engines & boxes in this state go for much? Engine has done 49k, box has done about 8-10k

So I bought an e9x M3 last week, apart from the clio it's been one of my favorite cars of all time, it was an itch I NEEDED to scratch.

So it's great fun, and obviously brutally quick despite the disappointing lack of torque.

Anyway, I just can't get my mind off the Clio, not being able to afford to keep both cars due to taking a new lower paid job I need to let one go. The Clio would be the natural choice to sell for most people in this instance (maybe not everyone on here), but I have a whisper in my mind... "turbo clio, turbo clio, turbo clio"

So my question is, would I be better off selling my R27 and using that money to pick up a dogged clio 200 to drop a lump in? I can't help but feel it would be a bastardisation of a completely clean and unfaultered R27 to rip it out and put a meg lump in to (recently had a new gearbox and everything carried out).

Do the Clio engines & boxes in this state go for much? Engine has done 49k, box has done about 8-10k
A complete running Meg for a conversion went for four hundred quid on eBay yesterday. So it's not always what you get for yours but also what you get a Meg lump for too. I paid just over 300 !

I agree that it would be controversial to do that to a LY R27. It could go to a good home, and then you can get yourself a dirty slut of a Mk3 and completely butcher it.
I wonder if I have underlying issues sometimes :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Snozles and Beany
I agree that it would be controversial to do that to a LY R27. It could go to a good home, and then you can get yourself a dirty slut of a Mk3 and completely butcher it.
I wonder if I have underlying issues sometimes :tearsofjoy:
I think that's what I gotta do. I just can't shift the r27

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Whilst I agree with not bastardising yours in this instance. (Perhaps ?):

There's a lot to be said for having a good start point and not spending xxxx 'megging' a basket case to begin with.

All about happy mediums I guess....

Reactions: kevlar
What should I look out for when finding a new shell? Internals all to be stripped out so I may as well get something with high mileage which should be cheaper right? Just a solid undamaged and increased car with decent body work?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Whilst I agree with not bastardising yours in this instance. (Perhaps ?):

There's a lot to be said for having a good start point and not spending xxxx 'megging' a basket case to begin with.

All about happy mediums I guess....

As Mr Shuv kindly states, there should be a happy medium if choosing this route so that anything but the engine is in good condition, especially the usual non-engine related parts such as ball joints, pads, discs etc. so it may end up 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
You could just have a good meg conversion done at a premium. I know Beanie Sport do a drive in - drive out package for £4.5k and his work appears to be highly rated. I think @Siliconsteve might need a sit down reading that though!

A
As Mr Shuv kindly states, there should be a happy medium if choosing this route so that anything but the engine is in good condition, especially the usual non-engine related parts such as ball joints, pads, discs etc. so it may end up 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
You could just have a good meg conversion done at a premium. I know Beanie Sport do a drive in - drive out package for £4.5k and his work appears to be highly rated. I think @Siliconsteve might need a sit down reading that though!
Are you suggesting I'm tight!