Arctic 182 progress...

Discussion in 'Other Renault Sports' started by MrTom, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Little update, i managed to recover the driveshaft and fit a new boot so thats all sorted.

So i am heading up to see Andy at clioturbo tomorrow to fit me both handbrake cables, gearbox and driveshaft, i cant wait to pick it back up already.

Then i can start the mods again :smile:

2. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    So I picked my car up a couple of weeks a go, then a couple of days after I was going the right way up a one way street and some dick was coming towards me the wrong way, the only was i could miss him was to mount the curb causing a buckled alloy, burst tyre, cracked splitter and a bent tie rod.

So £450 later and a new wheel + spraying, tyre, tie rod, track rod end, bottom ball joint and front splitter, and the car is back 100% and driving brilliantly once again, I am just waiting on my front splitter to turn up so I can fit it then its all sorted.

I go on my hols next Tues but when i get back ill finally be able to start modding again.

3. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

Sorry to hear :worried: what a *******

4. Ouch! Glad it got sorted out that quickly. Any pics of the damage?

5. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Thanks mate, all sorted now :smile:

There wasn't really much to see tbh mate, just a buckled alloy and a flat tyre and the front splitter cracked, you could also see the tie rod was slightly bent, I didn't take any pics sorry mate.

6. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Paying for repairs is bad at any time, but when it's because of the stupidity of someone else :confused:wear: I don't suppose the other guy stopped to see if you were ok...?

Glad you got it all sorted though and things are back to normal.

7. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Thank you :smile:

No he didn't stop, he carried on and pulled out of the junction and my tyre was flat so I couldn't do anything about it, I also missed the reg :worried:

8. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Just finished fitting my fabia splitter, I actually think I prefer it to the cup one as its got more depth.

I had one one before my cup splitter but i didn't fit it or trim it as well as this time round, overall for £11 im over the moon, ill get some pics of the car tomorrow after a clean.

9. You clean freak, you... We wanna see the splitter!

10. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Heres a few pics of my 182 in the sun after todays clean..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks.

11. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Vibra-technics/ engine and gearbox mounts ordered :smile:

12. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    I managed to give my car a wash and wax yesterday for the Yorkshire meet today but i slept in :tongueout:anic: i was going to give it a go over with the d/a, but i didnt have time, heres a few pics i took today..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jimmy

Looking very nice indeed [MENTION=4360]MrTom[/MENTION] :thumbup1:

You didn't miss the Yorkshire run though, it's next week :wink:

14. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

Cliosport has a yorkshire run today also :tongueout:

You still planning on coming to the one next week with us?

15. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    :smile:

I might be mate, i need to wait until closer to the date as im always busy :worried:

16. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Fitted my oem rear brembo pads today, still awaiting my solid mounts.

17. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Hi, not really an update, but i have just ordered the standard silver interior strips, gear knob insert and steering wheel insert, i am going for a more oem subtle look rather than the bold blue.

18. MrTom

MrTom

arctic clio 182
    Which wheels look best?

I am thinking of going for the total oem look interioer/exterior wise, but with the added bonus of the turbo etc, sort of like oem++

Standard 182 wheels, i will need to purchase these which i will then get refurbed so they are mint!.

[​IMG]

Or keep the OZ's..

[​IMG]

19. Jimmy

Personally, I've never liked the look of the 182 wheels - they look too similar to standard-model Clio 2 wheels imo :smile: so I'd say stick with the OZs which look great on your car, or get some 172 cup wheels?

20. montana

montana

North West, UK
    Deep Black 197
    Keep the OZ and do them a wild colour :smile: