Arctic 182 progress...

Not much to update, but me and a mate replaced my cv boot Saturday morning, i still need to do the handbrake cable tho.

I am currently saving towards my hols so ill probably not be doing much for a couple of months or so.

I fitted a new gear gaiter today with blue stitching, it does look better in person and will compliment my steering wheel when i eventually get it re trimmed..

4e7d02bf-052f-47eb-a0b5-8126ea5a290c_zpsmkx5tb9c.jpg

I'm going to book my wheels in for powdercoating tomorrow hopefully, any recommendations on what colour to go for?

I have just ordered two rainsport 3 tyres as my front ones are really low and with me having my wheels powdercoated in the next few days, i thought it made sense to change them now instead of having the tyres removed again in the next month or two which might cause damage to the alloys.

I thought they performed reasonably well so i opted for these again and for the money you cant go wrong imo, i also have ocd and like to keep all four tyres the same on each corner and my rear rs3's look almost brand new :smile:

Well i have rung the powder coaters and he forgot that he had booked me in so im not using them now bugger it, on the lookout again for someone decent.

I might even get them painted if my local painter will give me a good price for a few bodywork bits doing too.

Mega car mate, think it needs a clean though ha.

im a painter by trade and always find a that a flat and polish always brings up a tired car. If then it still needs painting then the place doing the detail/flat and polish will then repair it.

Shoukd be be nice once sorted. Must cost a fortune.

Im on the hunt for a track 172 cup or similar, for B road blasting as I have an Audi A8 for daily use.

Mega car mate, think it needs a clean though ha.

im a painter by trade and always find a that a flat and polish always brings up a tired car. If then it still needs painting then the place doing the detail/flat and polish will then repair it.

Shoukd be be nice once sorted. Must cost a fortune.

Im on the hunt for a track 172 cup or similar, for B road blasting as I have an Audi A8 for daily use.

Thanks Trotta :smile:

I dont think im going to get the car re lacquered as the paint is very good, theres no point in ruining something that not broken :tongueout:

Speaking of broken, unfortunately second gear went on the clio Friday, i have already ordered a new one and its getting booked in to be fitted with Andy at clioturbo for a great price.

The good thing about these clios is that you can pick up a low mileage box off cliosport for in the region of £100-£200 so its not the end of the world really.

So heres a few pics i took before the box went, i decided to have them painted gold and i know they wont be to everyone's taste but i like them.

Cliobaru 182..

e1e86778-6862-4072-8838-1f1075aedad2_zpsqg2ueddr.jpg

12153c7d-8a12-45b9-829d-f785c2a38ae6_zpswnxj7wnv.jpg

bfe0da6a-04f5-495a-b328-e7072f56b43c_zpspbhrzvi8.jpg

535b92e0-d6c7-43f0-ba7f-ea647bba20b3_zpshlmdfm5c.jpg

6282abf3-9124-4364-81ba-6d58974fd296_zpssmupctru.jpg

a68f7eac-bc5a-4733-bf47-7a97043b5753_zpsiho39cz2.jpg

Thanks

Both genuine handbrake cables bought ready for fitting as the other side snapped too, my gearbox and driveshaft should be here tomorrow then i will be getting them all fitted, then the car will be 100% mechanically sound again :smile:

Cant wait to start the proper mods again when i return from my holidays.

611d382a-5e7b-41db-b1b4-a34a4fb09445_zpsbvoxk5nv.jpg

My gearbox and driveshaft turned up today but unfortunately my driveshaft got bent in transit somehow and the boot has also got nicks in it :worried: Im so ****ing unlucky!

So im on the look out for another driveshaft :worried:

1f976a41-b7fe-44e8-9091-ca01a14156aa_zpsthrnomcq.jpg