06 Albi Blue 197

Ok, just got the new wheel today, and fitted it earlier this evening;

2010-07-16001.jpg

2010-07-16002.jpg

2010-07-16003.jpg

2010-07-16004.jpg

2010-07-16005.jpg

Overall I am really pleased with it, there are a couple of small creases, but for £145 I am not complaining. If nothing else, it is unique!

Comments, questions and criticism always welcome!

I like it and and at least y won't have the problem with the steering wheel melt now...

Looks good, are you thinking of fitting an RS steering wheel trim to it?

I'm not sure. I might change the colour of the silver trim on the dash, in which case I am not sure if it would go.

quite like it mate,

Thanks!

I like it and and at least y won't have the problem with the steering wheel melt now...

Hopefully not, that was the reasoning for sorting it, fingers crossed this won't wear quite as badly as has been suggested on ClioSport.

Nothing exciting, but gave the car a wash - the rear diffuser is massive! Also cleaned the engine bay;

2010-07-18002a.jpg

2010-07-18004a.jpg

2010-07-18001b.jpg

2010-07-18006.jpg

Engine bay is by no means perfect, but looks a lot better than it did. If only I could find my ITG stickers - I put them somewhere safe when I fitted the filter, I just don't know where!

Little bit of progress over the last few days;

• RenaultSport tax disc holder
  • Repaired o/s headlamp wash - the valve inside had blocked, but I didn't find this out until I had put the airline on it, and split part of the hose - d'oh!
  • Replaced all three wiper blades with new Valeo parts, same as OE
  • Fitted ITG stickers on the air filter housing and battery cover
  • Fitted a set of used anthacite wheels, with Conti tyres, they are by no means perfect, but now I have a spare set, so I can get the others refurbished - just need to decide if I want them silver or anthracite; I liked the way the silver went with the trim, but the antracite wheels do look that bit more mean!

Finally and most importantly, fitted my Clio197.net stickers, only to have my small assistance be a touch too enthusiastic and tear one of them before I could intervene.

The car is a bit grubby at the moment, but I will try to get some pics when I have next given it a wash.

Received a bag for the spare wheel today, it is a touch big, but was quite cheap and looks quite tidy.

Very little room in the boot with the storage tray and the full size spare wheel;

2010-07-26001b.jpg

2010-07-26002a.jpg

Apologies for the rubbish pics, camera on my blackberry isn't that bad, except in low light.

First time I've read all the way through the thread. Love progress threads like these especially when almost all of the work is being done by yourself.

Car is looking mint. Love the new wheels also.