06 Albi Blue 197

Just thought this might be some useful info for anyone with Cabasse, thinking about adding an external device.

The Parrot kit has a line-out, in the form of four loose wires, representing right +, right -, left + and let -. When I fitted the same kit to the Honda, I was bemoaning the lack of plugs, but with Cabasse, it is actually handy as you can wire these (need to extend them first) directly into the red plug into the underseat stereo unit.

For reference, the rellevant pins are as follows;

27 ground
28 right
29 ground
30 left

If you remove the grey clip from the plug, you will see that one side is already partially populated. We are interested in the other side, where position 30 is the diagonally opposite the populated area, i.e. the opposite side, and opposite end.

Rather than cutting the plug, I cut up an PC internal audio cable, fitted insulated connections, and inserted the brass sockets from the PC cable into the red plug.

I will provide more info on fitting the car kit, parts used, etc. when I have time.
Thanks for the info mate, ive been following this thread on cliosport.net and think im going to try something similar to this on my cabasse unit on my 197, any more info would be much appreciated:thumbup1:

I ordered some of that velcro off ebay that you recommended and it's good stuff. I've done my mat again and it has worked well. I tried using the both sides of the velcro in the boot for the can of tyre weld but it came off! So i've tried just using the loop side and I'll see how it goes. The progress is still going strong on the car, well done!

Thanks for the info mate, ive been following this thread on cliosport.net and think im going to try something similar to this on my cabasse unit on my 197, any more info would be much appreciated:thumbup1:

I have just amended that post, with more useful info!

I ordered some of that velcro off ebay that you recommended and it's good stuff. I've done my mat again and it has worked well. I tried using the both sides of the velcro in the boot for the can of tyre weld but it came off! So i've tried just using the loop side and I'll see how it goes. The progress is still going strong on the car, well done!

Cheers, stick with the hook, you should be fine.

Anyhow, more progress;

I was getting sick of my nasty wheel, so I decided to swap it with the standard Clio rubber wheel, so I could get the original retrimmed. Thanks to Ryan197 for his info.

Disconnect negative terminal of battery (I actually just disconnnected the two wires going to the negative, rather than disconnecting the bracket)
Wait 20min or so
2 x torx under the steering column, then tug down and remove, carefully, lots of wiggling necessary.
Using a large flat screw driver, poke into the bottom hole of the wheel, and lift the metal retaining bar, while pulling sharply on the airbag
Disconnect the plugs to each side, and the rear of the airbag, the side ones have a retaining clip which needs releasing before they can be disconnected. There is also an earth to the back of the airbag.
Disconnect the CC buttons (small black plug on the right) and horn (larger grey plug on the left).
Undo retaining bolt using T50 Torx
Remove wheel, guiding wires through the top hole.

Refitting is the reverse

Pics! Not necessarily in a good order;

2010-07-02001.jpg

2010-07-02002.jpg

2010-07-02003.jpg

2010-07-02004.jpg

2010-07-02005.jpg

2010-07-02006.jpg

2010-07-02007.jpg

2010-07-02008.jpg

I haven't swapped the cruise switches over as that would necessitate removing the horn switch, and I couldn't work out how to get them off!

Any questions, please shout!

Oh no, not Citroen! Lol! Mind you, they supply the suspension on the old Rolls Royce, so I suppose it's no bad thing! I bet the Frenchies just share and share a like! Ha ha!

So, today's progress...

I had purchased a new replacement n/s headlamp, unfortunately when it arrived, two of the clips had broken; I did a deal with the seller and bonded them back on this morning, before swapping the headlamp earlier this evening.

So, n/s arch liner off (struggled with some of the clips), bumper off, so far, so good, headlamp out, still looking good, swapped the height adjust motor, feeling very proud of myself, swapped over bulbs, etc. then took it back to the car, and spotted that I had managed to scratch the new headlamp while changing everything over. To say I was cross, was an understatement!

Anyhow, I plugged it in, and everything worked, which was a plus. Then spotted that there is a bumper support fitted to the original headlamp, which was riveted on. Riveted on? Did Renault not expect the headlamp to have to be changed at some point? Anyhow, drilled out the two rivets, swapped them over, refitted bumper, struggled with the o/s arch mounting bolt, but got it all sorted eventually. What a lot of work just to change a damn headlamp!

Rant over, any tips for getting scratches out of headlamps gratefully received, I have some Meguiars PlasteX which I am hoping might work, but any advice would be great.

Scratches can't have been that deep, barely waved the Plastex bottle at them and bingo, it actually looks like a brand new headlamp, rather than a brand new scratched headlamp. Huge sigh of relief!

2010-07-04001.jpg

Brilliant result. Hopefully I'll be starting a progress thread middle of next week, so everyone can see what I've been up to! No where near as much as you though mate!

I haven't done that much really, mostly just bringing it up to scratch and fitting the phone. Most of the "bringing up to scratch" would already have been done had I bought it retail.

Looking forward to seeing more of yours though, our specs are pretty similar; cornering headlights, bluetooth, ITG panel filter, silvertec indicators

Ok, latest mod is the new steering wheel, not got it back yet, but I have a pic to whet my appetite...

P1030145.jpg

I am reserving judgement until I have fitted it, but it looks a lot better than it did!

Last edited:
Steering wheel retrim was £145 inc. return shipping. Turnaround took just over a week. If you (or anyone else) are interested, I expect to have my basic Clio rubber wheel for sale as soon as I get this one fitted. It isn't sexy, but does the job as a spare while the original wheel is away being retrimmed.

RE: the A/C, my parents own a garage, so I didn't get a bill, but I think it is typically around the £60 mark?