You're patience is appreciated :o)

I am totally stumped on this...it is due to the DNS servers, but it really shouldn't take this long!!

Likewise, totally stumped me too Mike :worried:

I have reset everything Jase, to no avail.

What actually changed when the site was taken down?

First thing to try for Windows users would be to open cmd promt again and type:

tracert www.clio197.net >C:\results.txt

It might sit there like its not doing anything, but just give it a few moments.

A new file called "results.txt" will be created at C:\ find the file and copy and past the results into this thread.

If you need any help just say.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt, and Mike.

I will try that tomorrow after work and post the results.

First thing to try for Windows users would be to open cmd promt again and type:

tracert www.clio197.net >C:\results.txt

It might sit there like its not doing anything, but just give it a few moments.

A new file called "results.txt" will be created at C:\ find the file and copy and past the results into this thread.

If you need any help just say.

Can you please repost this in really basic English as a couple of members I know can't get on still and they/me ain't got a clue what you've just said.

Can you please repost this in really basic English as a couple of members I know can't get on still and they/me ain't got a clue what you've just said.

haha no problem :thumbup1:

Windows XP:

1. Click "Start"
2. Then click "Run" to the right
3. Type cmd into the box and press enter
4. A black window should now have opened with a flashing cursor
5. Now type: tracert www.clio197.net >C:\results.txt
6. Once this has completed follow step 1,2 & 3
7. Type C:\ into the box and press enter
8. A new window should now open.
9. There should be a file called "results" open this file up and copy and past the contents into your reply to this thread.

Windows Vista/7:

Same as above but just type "Run" into the search bar once you click "Start"

Also what browser are people using? (Internet Explorer, firefox etc)

I've tried it on IE and FireFox and the results are the same...

th_Clio197FireFox.jpg
th_Clio197down2.jpg

just quickly got on here by works laptop - cant be on long!!!

but this is a piss take quite frankly - if you cant get on how are you expected to copy and paste your results on here tell me that one!!!

got to go

Has anyone checked the nameservers with which you are hosted with?
If the site has been moved to another location (host).

I work in I.T and also with websites, seems strange for this to be a wide spread issue after so much time if these were only changes made. I personally cannot access it from my home PC, iphone is intermittently allowing access, and I am now at work and am able to access it.

Tried everything and still not working. Like many I can only get access the site with 3G on my phone.

followed those instructions and it wont do anything on my laptop...

looks like i wont be on here.......what a great 2010 i am having:bye2:

well i can get on using a poxy site n1ce.com - thanks to leemjones - top man but it is restrictive and slow

Well, Im only trying to help and I can understand that its frustrating but its pointless posting up whining when I am trying to help and have given people things to try, just relax everyone.

If you only have access from a mobile phone then email me the results at tyt I just assumed people had access to a computer at work/college.

Foxspeed, if it works with a proxy then its a good chance its your ISP that are being slow to update.

People who are affected with this problem, who are your ISP?

And when you turned your routers of did you turn them straight back on again, if so try leaving them off for 15 minutes so that your internet session is cleared.

Last edited:
I am with talk talk. I tried unplugging the router but plugged it back in again after a few seconds. I'll try leaving the power off for a bit longer when I get home and see if that works.

It will have nothing to do with anyones routers/internet connection.

The problem will be with the DNS server for their ISP. Ive had instances where it can take up to a week for a new I.P to resolve its self the the domain with isps.
Anyone who is confident with their router could change the DNS server from 'Auto' or what ever is currently in the I.P to that of an open DNS server.

This site seems to be hosted the U.S and has many hops along the way. That shouldnt really make a difference but maybe its taking a little longer than expected to filter over to certain isps. I usually act as I.T support for a few friends and the amount of problems Ive had with talktalk is beyond belief. Its probably a coincidence that they have been mentioned above but there again.....maybe not.

As Foxy has said , using a remote proxy will in most cases work as they will more than likey not be using the dns server which belongs to your isp.

For all those having trouble see if this allows you on

http://67.225.136.222/~clio/forum/

The hosting server seems to a linux server, you can usually trick the server to allowing you to access the site via the I.P by using the ~ command followed by the site name.
I guessed at clio.

This should allow access untill the isp sorts the dns.

This works for me but I can get on anyway......good luck.

For all those having trouble see if this allows you on

http://67.225.136.222/~clio/forum/

The hosting server seems to a linux server, you can usually trick the server to allowing you to access the site via the I.P by using the ~ command followed by the site name.
I guessed at clio.

This should allow access untill the isp sorts the dns.

This works for me but I can get on anyway......good luck.

top man worked for me - thankyou :jase2: