Yellow

Recently took this beast out for a test day around Brands Hatch. Hillarious fun, just flat out everywhere and 4 wheel drifting.

We managed to pass a Nissan GTR (on it’s cooldown laps..), and a track prepped fiesta ST with some novice drivers. Oh and a rental clio 200 i was also smugly passing for a while until they learnt how to drive. Rest of the field was mid power hatchbacks, caterhams and some classic MGs, nothing crazy fast this day.

IMG_3714.jpeg

Which also gave me the oppo to use my aston for the sighting laps as there wasnt enough sests or time to get everyone out in the Ka. Turns out you dont need to noise test for sighting laps - hurrah!

Needless to say the first lap had every marshall hanging out their booths wondering WTF was that noise. I got 3 laps, great fun to ‘sight’ (slide) around. Seen here before departing with my colleagues on their bikes.

IMG_3726.jpeg

Now i’ve tuned the office sim with a classic mini to mimic the Ka very closely. Making me miss the clio…

What’s on the cards this year?

Some decorating (full detail, side skirts), a ZPO shifter, and probably some lightness? not sure i fancy the full interior strip/paint/rebuild/full cage this year so open to ideas for what else i can do…

Ok current plan:

Steering wheel lowering kit - i have this somewhere and it always bugs me how high the wheel is. needs fitting!

Side skirts - got these to fit

ZPO shifter - need to procure and probably get Alex to fit properly, and give it a once-over after the last two outings. Decided i prefer the feel of the ZPO (!?)

Full inside/outside Detail - poor thing spent a bit of time outside in winter so needs a some love

Go pro front/rear, power - for more entertaining videos

Stud + Nut kit - seems like anything that makes the laborious ‘end of trackday wheel swap’ faster is worth £££

Would like to do goodwood again, and brands hatch soon, and then whatever new track to try.

Does anyone know how much weight exists in the interior trim (i’m currently lacking rear seats but have a rear cage), would like to know the value or losing all plastic trim/carpets/centre console/padding etc.

Likewise - anyone tried ITG ITBs on standard engine before?

I'd go as far as saying the interior is probably 60kg or so. My Clio from factory was supposedly 1240kg, with the AC taken out and all interior apart from front door cards and dash, plus the addition of the cage, mine weighed in at 1180kg with half a tank of fuel.

Reactions: jimmybell
Does anyone know how much weight exists in the interior trim (i’m currently lacking rear seats but have a rear cage), would like to know the value or losing all plastic trim/carpets/centre console/padding etc.

Likewise - anyone tried ITG ITBs on standard engine before?
I have not seen many 197s or 200s on ITBs - do it!

Reactions: jimmybell
I’d much rarher lose my exhaust noise and gain induction. Any idea how much it cost, and did you do any additional air intakes?

2k for bodies
1.5k for ECU and mapping

I don’t think there would be much change from 5k doing the job properly on a Clio

On my focus, I spent around 2k in total. But I did everything myself except the mapping.

I'd go as far as saying the interior is probably 60kg or so. My Clio from factory was supposedly 1240kg, with the AC taken out and all interior apart from front door cards and dash, plus the addition of the cage, mine weighed in at 1180kg with half a tank of fuel.
I do like the AC tho :worried:

Was that including rear seats?

I’d basically want it to look ‘normal’ at eye level (dash) facing forwars but everything else can go. Might make road driving.. less fun. Airpods on noise cancelling..

2k for bodies
1.5k for ECU and mapping

I don’t think there would be much change from 5k doing the job properly on a Clio

On my focus, I spent around 2k in total. But I did everything myself except the mapping.
Nuts. I think i’d do it with a built race engine, seems wasteful on a disposable block in a clio worth double that. Shame

Reactions: RSRowe and Beany