Yellow

Deffo. After wet oulton it took me nearly all day to remember how good the brakes actually are and never really slammed them on. That said - quite content having a low stress day mooching around like Miss daisy :smiley:

Agreed a nice day out, though not the best place to find the limit of grip for the first time, especially self insured (as a surprising number of the ferraris were.. including the sf90 hah)

Goodwood is certainly more of a day out, recommend to anyone who is new as you can find your own space but like you mention the queue can be a pain especially when you are trying to test / fix stuff.

Lines look good btw, you can brake much much later and harder though.

Reactions: LiamP
New year, more clio goals!

Currently investigating an entry to race in EnduroKa, gona get the gt3 properly set up for track, and the clio needs a few little bits doing - and perhaps a full detail.

anyone know what front splitter this is? He sold the car now but it’s a stunner.

i dont really like the maxton one as it’s not smooth/round.

Next is an internal sun strip, some actual wet wheels (not just the stock wheels with some unsuitable cup2 tyres…), and time for a shifter.. i’ve now changed my mind again and leaning towards the ZPO again. I’m a tart, but i like how it looks.

cool, messaged Josh on fb. looks like he had a ~6 month hiatus, but is somewhat back in the fold so maybe he'll order/make some more.

then just need to decide what's next for the clio.. add lightness?

*goes to browse project threads for ideas*

Reactions: EthanMenace
(i was thinking if i'm going to get under the car to do that, i should get the front splitter to do at the same time..)

Are there any companies that do both cage install and paint? i like the idea of completely stripping the interior, and swapping that weight for a full cage - but want it nice and shiny paintwork inside. apparently now that i have a child i'm meant to 'not die' as a priority, so i figure a full cage is probably on the horizon.

all these ideas.. i really hope i get paid this month.

Last edited:
The guy that is doing my Cage will do you a full a cage that is MSA compliant but you might have to sweet talk him into a painting it for you.

Reactions: jimmybell
If you want pristine and shiny you you’d need to powder coat it I think. You could look at the SW motor works full cage as that’s MSUK compliant and shiny. Just get someone to fit it.

Weld in cage, budget £2k+ for regular tubing. Budget even more for lightweight T45 tubing.
Bolt in cages can be powder coated and fitted afterwards. Weld in cages cannot be powder coated in situ (obviously) and instead need painting.
Painting a weld in cage same colour as the interior budget £1000-£1500
Painting a weld in cage different colour to interior budget £1500-£2000
Perfection ain't cheap.