Y pipe fitted.

Would a Y pipe make any difference on just a standard system? or would be better just adding a sports car or d-cat instead?

Why did renault never make the exhuast so can easily remove parts like bolt it together instead have to weld most stuff if want change anything :thumb1:

i say change it all because it sounds and goes a whole lot better :smile:

Nice one Mike, it must sound epic.. I've heard Herndersons and it is incredible. Would love to do this mod but it does seem like a lot if work.

Nice one Mike, it must sound epic.. I've heard Herndersons and it is incredible. Would love to do this mod but it does seem like a lot if work.

cheers angel! it is a bit of a time consuming job, reckon i was at it about 5 hours plus waiting for the mani to be welded which took bout 45 mins BUT imo the result is worth it :wink: do it do it do it do it :-p

rough price guide

Y Pipe £150
i paid £150 to fit
and £180 to tweak my RS Tuning map

total = £480

note - if you haven't had a map off them before you'll have to pay for a full remap,it was around £360 for a decat map but don't hold me to that as it was a while ago and it may have changed

When you've cut the cats off, does it (the Y pipe) line up in one place or does it need to be lined up on car and tacked into place before welding?

When you've cut the cats off, does it (the Y pipe) line up in one place or does it need to be lined up on car and tacked into place before welding?

when the garage i use did mine he didn't remove the mani,he dropped the subframe and cut the cat out,he said there was enough movement in the flexi's to pull the exhaust down and weld the new pipes in all the way round

when the garage i use did mine he didn't remove the mani,he dropped the subframe and cut the cat out,he said there was enough movement in the flexi's to pull the exhaust down and weld the new pipes in all the way round

I was thinking about this with mine. Was hopeing you could unbolt the exhaust at the second cat pull it down and cut the precat out and weld in the new y pipe leaving everything where it is. BUT I'm sure if this was possible every1 would be doing it so il have to stop dreaming lol.

I was thinking about this with mine. Was hopeing you could unbolt the exhaust at the second cat pull it down and cut the precat out and weld in the new y pipe leaving everything where it is. BUT I'm sure if this was possible every1 would be doing it so il have to stop dreaming lol.

subframes right in the way!

Put you big wooden spoon away captin slow .....

This is what I had been lead to believe a tuner told me it was impossible to map out but then their word has since been proven not to be worth allot but since then I had also heard it was not fully curable when removing both cats although it can be made better.

All I meant was to my knowledge when removing both cats the flat spot is not curable it can be improved on no doubt hence my comment good luck Curing it with a map.

I really do hope that they can map it out now with a new map, as no doubt the sound coupled with no flat spot would be brilliant.

A

It's definitely possible to map out the flat spots. It's hard, and the accel fueling isn't easy to find and adjust well (mappable ECU's are so much better!) but I've seen it done myself while spending a day on the dyno at K-tec. Finished my customers car, then spent a few hours with Andy mapping a cam package 197. I'm going to do the Y-pipe to mine, and see how good we can get the fueling before I switch over to a proper ECU again.

Anything can be mapped out, it's not a suddenly different engine to every other one in existence. Just have to not be lazy about it.

provided you cut the pre cat off in the right place the Y pipe will just slide on in the right position for fitting.

ive just ordered this off k-tec cant wait to get welding :smile:

200 Gordini - could you explain a quick how to on taking the manifold off ? cheers

this is a great read and a very accurate thread,i know this because i've just paid to have my manifold removed,welded and refitted as 3 of the 4 branches were cracked

as said in this thread i think my mani cracked as the engine mounts were tired,they hadn't felt 100% for a couple of months and i planned on upgrading them after christmas but that was obviously to late,:swear:

the old mounts didn't visually look that bad when they were off but i replaced them with a full set of vibra technics mounts to hopefully prevent my manifold cracking again

this is a great read and a very accurate thread,i know this because i've just paid to have my manifold removed,welded and refitted as 3 of the 4 branches were cracked

as said in this thread i think my mani cracked as the engine mounts were tired,they hadn't felt 100% for a couple of months and i planned on upgrading them after christmas but that was obviously to late,:swear:

the old mounts didn't visually look that bad when they were off but i replaced them with a full set of vibra technics mounts to hopefully prevent my manifold cracking again

I believe the manifolds are just badly made to be honest with you. side by side with a 172 or 182 item and the quality difference in fabrication method is obvious. Renault went full cheapskate retard

I dont know what those ebay manifolds are like but for around £200 they start to look like a bargain compared to these, by the time you've figured in welding etc.