WTF, WTF, WTF ..... Arrrggghhhhhh

I never had a letter.

I'd give the dealer a chance to sort it. If they don't/can't, then you can go from there

have you put a deposit down yet? cus u will lose this if you pull out.

yeah, only £250 deposit down though !! .... so would consider pulling out if I could get another car quicker.

I will probably end up waiting but I am very angry at the moment still !

I didn't get a letter or any thing official from Renault regarding delivery.

All communication was from my dealer, and it turned up about a week late in the end.

Ive pulled out of 4 car orders and never lost a single deposit. Not sure where you get your information Woody. Providing the car hasnt gone to build. At worst, there might be an admin charge.

The terms on the reverse of the vehicle order form state you cannot pull out of the sale until a set time has passed beyond the ETA of then car. I think it's a further 14 days or something, without checking.

Like Deako, I've never not managed to reclaim a deposit on a canceled new car order, regardless of what it said on the paperwork.

Obviously if you've changed your mind on the day you were supposed to be collecting it then it may be a little different! :wink:

Deako the deposit of 250 is the factory order deposit and no u wudnt get it back after the car has been ordered by the dealer

Well it said that on the small print anyway....... Tbh y wud u order a car then change ure mind neways? U have to be pretty certain of the car u want to spend time at dealers n order it :s

Spent all night looking on Piston Heads and the like trying to find alternatives .... not a lot else I fancy, There is a Megane 250 Cup on there with 10K on the clock, £17 !? thats very tempting ....

But I will probably just end up waiting till Dec for the 200 :-(

Deako the deposit of 250 is the factory order deposit and no u wudnt get it back after the car has been ordered by the dealer

Not true Woody. Ive left deposits of £500 on many occasions. Never had a problem getting it back.

Spent all night looking on Piston Heads and the like trying to find alternatives .... not a lot else I fancy, There is a Megane 250 Cup on there with 10K on the clock, £17 !? thats very tempting ....

But I will probably just end up waiting till Dec for the 200 :-(

Russ, speak to some of the dealers on Renaultsport. There are plenty about. If you fancy an FF there are quite a few. Also some cups on there ive noticed. Also, try Lookers?

TBH i blame Mike Roberts they probably used up the last of the glacier white paint on his white wheels and car :f1team07:

Seriously though it can be something as small as this that holds everything up i could list alot of reasons as to why its late but if the dealer has done all they can and has no more cars coming through sooner then like you say its wait or pull out. i feel for you though could be worse you could be like the new insignia vxr owners who have recieved there cars only to have them break and be waiting for 2 months in an astra for a replacement part!

Pete

Hey, don't blame me!!! Have you ordered one yet, Pete?

Isn't there talk of moving production of the RS200 from Dieppe to somewhere else??

Maybe there's a line been drawn through the order book at a certain point and everything after the cut off has been allocated builds at the new site, so the 2 month gap is whilst the move takes place??

:'(I hope that's not the reason, because I want my car built in Dieppe ! :smile:

Also, there is no way that the move will go smoothly. And my 3rd Dec delivery will quickly turn into a January delivery date. I can see it now.

I have PM'd a few of the dealers on the RenaultSport site as well for details of available cars ....

I am also seiously thinking about a Megane R26R now as well, a few nice ones on Piston Heads (not very practical though are they , haha).

Waiting for my dealer to call me back with an explanation as well, its well into day 2 now and he hasn't so far. Not a good sign, I bet he dear not call me.

I don't think I can last another 2 months looking at clips on youtube :'(

I'd be calling your dealer again, sooner you know, sooner you can deal with it.

I'd have no problem running an R26.R as a daily, if they had a normal 3 point seatbelt - harnesses are just a pain in the arse!

yeah, the harness is a problem. My wife would be using the car a few days a week and she would not be impressed with that haha !

Good Idea ...

Just called RUK customer service and asked ..."why the fook is my car now due for Dec 3rd delivery"

it's now logged and the dude I spoke to is going to investigate, starting with a call to the dealer to ask why they are not returning my calls!

then he is going to do some Columbo work.

Not sure it will speed anything up but might get me an explanation.

He seems to think that it could be to do with the new Euro 5 engine change because emails went to dealers around the time I ordered saying that this was going ahead.

And apparently there is currently a block on any new orders from dealers. So something must be going on.

Will be interesting to see if anyone that ordered after me (17th July) gets their car any time soon !?

I ordered 1/8 and my delivery date isn't December but my car was already on order and the spec changed, well thats what I was told.