would you upgrade now?

as in the title, would like to see people's opinions, would you upgrade your 197 to a 200 now, or would you rather wait for the new clio to come? they say Frankfurt 2011 or Geneva 2012 the new clio arrives....

Personally I would and going to, wait for the next one to be released. If I was going to get a 200 it would have been when they had the great finance deals out. There doesn't seen to be any incentive at the moment to get one so there is no point IMO.

If I didn't have a 197 already then it would be a different story...

i have a 200, and i keen to see the new clio.

well, that's a lie, i couldn't give a rats' preverbial about the new clio, it's the new renaultsport clio i care about, lol.

would wait for the new one personaly
only because i still dont like the front of the 200:eek:

Definitely wait for the new one to come out. My 197 has just done 13k so changing for a 200 that is pretty much the same car would be a daft exercise for me really.

keep the 197...miss out the 200 and wait for the turbo 215 to come out :thumbup1:

keep the 197...miss out the 200 and wait for the turbo 215 to come out :thumbup1:

A part from missing out the 200 bit I'm the same, not going to change for a while as only had this one for 9months but definitely wouldnt mind a bit of boost :thumbup1:

would wait for the new one personaly
only because i still dont like the front of the 200:eek:

Me too. It's all about personal taste but even after the 200 being out almost 2 years I still think the 197 is a much nicer (and aggresive) looking car.

I see a war starting........:zap:

Me too. It's all about personal taste but even after the 200 being out almost 2 years I still think the 197 is a much nicer (and aggresive) looking car.

I see a war starting........:zap:
exactly everyones got there own opinion

TBH I don't think I'd "upgrade" to the 200. I know there are a few differences but unless my 197 was on its last legs (which at 20k miles its far from!) I don't think its enough of a change to warrant the extra cash.

If I'm honest lately I've started to wonder if I'll ever buy a new/newish Renault again, the dealers are absolutely piss poor and it infuriates me! :bat:

mine is on 55k right now, still feels solid, even though there are some expensive repairs coming up I still feel its cheaper to run than paying the extra 10k to get a new one, and I do like the front on the 200 :smile: Storm grey would have been my choice, but yes, me too, drive for a year or two and get a new RS when it comes out seems like a good idea, just hope it gets the lsd if its turboed... well if it doesnt, the meg should be facelifted by then :smile:

Well for me i missed out buying the 197 because i didn't like it, i waited for the 200 and got one. Wasn't keen on the front from the start but i don't look at the front much to im not fussed about it although now when i do look at it i can't remember what it was i didn't like.
As for the new cliosport ive not seen any pic's yet or seen the spec on it so can't say if i would get one. The way i see things is the 182 was what the 172 should of been (if they had got it right 1st time) and the 200 is what the 197 should of been. So on that theory it may be best to buy every 2nd model (ie the one they get right)
BTW the 200 is nowhere near perfect so just on that alone the next cliosport should be better.

I think the 197 is looking dated but i still prefer it over the 200, unless its a white 200 Gordini..

I was considering buying a 200 (might still do so) but if not i will wait until the new Clio then buy one.

I drive a 197 but don't particularly like the front looks of either although the rest of the bodywork is great.

But they're such good drivers cars I'd take either.