would you upgrade now?

hope this is the new clio. 1.6 turbocharged eco friendly engine with 220 bhp.
that would be very nice indeed lol

http://www.tcar.co.uk/?p=115

If they keep the same/similar chassis to the 200/197 and stick a turbo lump in with extra torque and tunability it'll only serve to upset the market even more.

Straight line pace to match/beat every other hatch and handling they'll never match should be a winner for sure. I'm looking forward to it :smile:

Id wait to see if renault do a trophy version of the 200 of some sorts and buy that.

A turbo clio ruins the whole concept of a clio sport for me. It might make business sence for renault, but the 200 will be the last rs i buy if it goes turbo. Where is the fun only going up to 6k revs?! No doubt it will still be a class leader, but not because it's different from the competition.

I wouldnt upgrade to a 200 as I prefer the 197 over that BUT I would change for a gordini. I think they look great.

" instead of the none-eco friendly 2.0 litre 205 BHP in the current 200 "
Since when has a 200 had 205bhp?:book:

If they released a Clio IV with a 1.6 turbo engine I'd seriously consider chopping in my 200 for it, assuming it has all the handling/quality with better mpg, lower gearing and more torque (providing they give me a good PX price and finance).

Rich

I was considering part exing mine when the warrenty ran out in Jan, but couldn't justify the extra cost of what is basically the same car with a couple of bits revised. I think i'd rather wait for the new sport to appear and then change to a 200 maybe.
I've also thought waiting for the new cliosport to appear, but something thats worrying me a little is what they have done to the megsport, I definately could justify spending that much on a new car for it to have stuck on arches. I really hope they don't do the same to the Clio, its the same reason I didn't want a cup as I was spending all this money on a car and it didn't even have colour coded mirrors and it was no quicker then the R27.

I drive a glacier white 200 with cup chassis I got from new last september. I traded in a punto 1.4 turbo tjet for it. ok the handling is unreal in the rs 200 but I do miss the torque and turbo boost from the punto and it was only 120 bhp. if the clio is driven normal without constantly dropping the gears down it dosent feel like a fast car. turbos are instant power and whack you back to the car seat which dosent happen for me in the rs 200. I suppose its a matter of opinion NA vs Turbo but for me I hope the new clio is turbocharged. I think it will be more fun and feel a hell of allot faster, and if it has the handling of the rs 200 it will be simply mind blowing lol