Upgrades

Louis1990

Paid Member
Got my second 197 and want to change it from stock.
I'm looking for a decent induction and have found the KTR or the ITG.
I used to have a k&n on my old one but I can't find it anywhere online. It had a removable rubber thingy at the end of the filter
I'm also wanting a bitter exhaust.
Possibly cobra or miltek. Decat and non resonated.
Then a remap to get as much out of it as poss.
Any advice /tips would be great.
Obviously it needs to be road legal etc but I will be going on track days once I'm done.
Thanks

If you are going on track days you will want your exhaust to be “sensible” and not too loud.

I had a K-Tec induction kit and really liked the noise it made.

I would recommend a resonated exhaust to be more civilized

Probably a duct on the bonnet (pointing toward the induction) for direct air feed

budget friendly coilover set (with damping & height adjustable preference) since track is the main destination.

Remember some tracks and track days have sound limits and my experence in road and track Supersport, Superstock and Superbikes is that noise does not equal power/speed I've seen it on our dyno first hand back to back. So dont go with something so loud you cant use it.

I would recommend a resonated exhaust to be more civilized

Probably a duct on the bonnet (pointing toward the induction) for direct air feed

budget friendly coilover set (with damping & height adjustable preference) since track is the main destination.
Duely noted.
I love the spoiler on your Clio. What is it?!

Remember some tracks and track days have sound limits and my experence in road and track Supersport, Superstock and Superbikes is that noise does not equal power/speed I've seen it on our dyno first hand back to back. So dont go with something so loud you cant use it.
I'll bear that in mind. I'm guessing resonated with a sports cat should be okay most places though.

Yes. Mine is the carbon fiber adjustable
Just put of interest. Does any part of the spoiler or The brackets exceed the roof hight? I'm going to enter some sprint races and it's not allowed to be above the highest part of the body and it looks so close! Mine is on the way but I thought I'd ask incase I need to send it back for the road version.
Thanks

Just put of interest. Does any part of the spoiler or The brackets exceed the roof hight? I'm going to enter some sprint races and it's not allowed to be above the highest part of the body and it looks so close! Mine is on the way but I thought I'd ask incase I need to send it back for the road version.
Thanks

Yes it dose.

Mine is fitted along with the GT spolier in.

Attachments

• SAM_6596.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • SAM_6583.jpg
    SAM_6583.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
Yes it dose.

Mine is fitted along with the GT spolier in.
Can you send me some pictures of the underneath /inside of the boot where the 2 bottom bolts are supposed to go? I got the top one with that z bracket on but then looking at the others it's about 2 inches away from it 'should be drilled into..

Can you send me some pictures of the underneath /inside of the boot where the 2 bottom bolts are supposed to go? I got the top one with that z bracket on but then looking at the others it's about 2 inches away from it 'should be drilled into..

There you go.

Attachments

• IMG-20220201-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20220201-WA0031.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20220201-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20220201-WA0029.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20220201-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20220201-WA0030.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20220201-WA0028.jpg