200: K-Tec Upgrades - What are the Pros and Cons?

I'm looking for a late/low mls RS 200 (2.0 N.A.).

Normally, I prefer 'originality' but I have found one that looks interesting but it has a number of 'K-Tec tuning' upgrades:
- Panel Filter
- Manifold

- De-cat
- Exhaust
- Re-Map

It's 100 mls from me, so I haven't yet been to see it, but it looks like it has been done properly and is being sold by a non-franchised dealer. So, 4 questions:

1. What benefits would this package provide?
2. Any downsides?
The effect on fuel consumption (I currently get28-32 mpg)?
How much noisier – external and cabin noise,especially at motorway cruise speeds (c.80 mph)?

Thanks

Very nice set up to have, probably looking at 10-15 extra BHP, and providing the map is good the car should drive a lot better than stock.

It's decat and ktec exhaust, so it's going to be quite loud and crackly I'd imagine. Have a look around the forum and youtube and see if you can find any videos and see if it's something you like.

Here's one to get you started - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=den0HftT5TQ

and this gives a better idea of it on the move - personally I really like it :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi80G4ObsiE

- Manifold
- De-cat
- Exhaust

MOT Failure right there, assuming the manifold is KTEC's own and is the Exhaust Manifold (Guarenteed fail on emissions). Oh, and if you're thinking motorway commuting, you'll need ear muffs lol! I've got an Non-Res Exhaust and a Decat with a regular manifold and that's ear ringing terrirory.

Sounds good where is it for sale?

got the main bolt on mods. If going modify a standard one then may aswell get one already done. Should save money in long runn!

As said ^^^^^

You may not WANT all the mods; but if you buy a standard one and the manifold goes - youll probably have / need to get another manifold and a remap after anyway.

So might aswell purchase one thats had all that done, if the rest is ok and its to your taste.

I'm mainly concerned about 'motorway' noise levels - I drive mine in France quite a bit including some long hauls - 600 mls a day at 130-140 kph, sometimes through the night.

The standard car has a nice sporty, but muted, engine/exhaust tone - wouldn't want anything tiresome.

I'm mainly concerned about 'motorway' noise levels - I drive mine in France quite a bit including some long hauls - 600 mls a day at 130-140 kph, sometimes through the night.

The standard car has a nice sporty, but muted, engine/exhaust tone - wouldn't want anything tiresome.

Forget it then. Simple as that. This will be about as loud as these get........

Just carry noise cancelling headphones with you when you drive, that'll be problem solved.

Still won't pass you on Emissions though unless you are friendly with someone.

Shame. But thanks for the responses.

Helpful to know the 'pros and cons' - so, still looking for a late/low mls/original RS200 in SG, RB, AG, or LY.

Shame. But thanks for the responses.

Helpful to know the 'pros and cons' - so, still looking for a late/low mls/original RS200 in SG, RB, AG, or LY.

You shouldn't have an issue finding any around. The issue is finding one you know has a history via this forum so you can see that it's been looked after. Some occasionally come up for sale here from members, I'd recommend that, it's what I would do as I could just read about it's history then.