Interior Audio upgrades

HarryJT97

Paid Member
looking to upgrade my interior speakers as the OEM Renault ones honestly make my ears bleed,
What have people upgraded to, looking for more bass and better sound quality but not after any Halfords special subwoofers
Cheers

Upgrading them without deadening the doors properly is not gonna be an improvement of any kind, I’d do a number on the doors with deadener and seal the doors up nicely before spending owt on speakers, also don’t forget after market speakers aren’t designed generally to run off a headunit, and normally they are to be run off an amp alongside a subwoofer

I'd disagree with DumDum above (sorry buddy) as when I swapped out the stock speakers for some £18 (yes, that is one eight) JVC speakers from eBay (designed to replace OEM) it was miles better. Its no audiophiles dream but better bass, broader frequency and better clarity. Upgrading the headunit to a 2nd hand £10 Sony unit and adding a pair of the same £18 JVC speakers in the rear (mounting points and cables are there) massively improved it to the point its reasonably bearable now. Total cost to me was £18 x 2, £10 for headunit, £5 for speaker wire adaptors, £10 for headunit surround.

Reducing vibrations also helps and it doesnt help that Renault mount speakers by 2 screws instead of 4.

A proper soundproofed interior does wonders, I've even gone as far as t have the roof linked with an extra cushion layer and when it rains hard , I can still hear a conversation in the car. Just need to finish the sound install one day. LOL

Reactions: DS197