Interior Audio upgrades

Discussion in 'Interior and Audio' started by HarryJT97, Jan 25, 2019.

1. HarryJT97

HarryJT97

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200
    looking to upgrade my interior speakers as the OEM Renault ones honestly make my ears bleed,
    What have people upgraded to, looking for more bass and better sound quality but not after any Halfords special subwoofers
    Cheers

2. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP/fiat ducato campervan
    Upgrading them without deadening the doors properly is not gonna be an improvement of any kind, I’d do a number on the doors with deadener and seal the doors up nicely before spending owt on speakers, also don’t forget after market speakers aren’t designed generally to run off a headunit, and normally they are to be run off an amp alongside a subwoofer

3. Doogle

Doogle Winner - POTM March 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    BMW e46 330cd
    I'd disagree with DumDum above (sorry buddy) as when I swapped out the stock speakers for some £18 (yes, that is one eight) JVC speakers from eBay (designed to replace OEM) it was miles better. Its no audiophiles dream but better bass, broader frequency and better clarity. Upgrading the headunit to a 2nd hand £10 Sony unit and adding a pair of the same £18 JVC speakers in the rear (mounting points and cables are there) massively improved it to the point its reasonably bearable now. Total cost to me was £18 x 2, £10 for headunit, £5 for speaker wire adaptors, £10 for headunit surround.

Reducing vibrations also helps and it doesnt help that Renault mount speakers by 2 screws instead of 4.

4. rcwsr

rcwsr Paid Member

Car:
    Clio RS 200
    @Doogle do you have links or model numbers for the speakers and adapters you bought?

5. youngarthur

youngarthur

I gave up on expensive installs, I now use iPhone, into dac/amp, ( HiFi M8), take your pick/price, on earphones.