would you buy this?

hi guys, as some of you know ive been looking to buy a 200.
ive finaly found the exact spec that i want at a price that i can afford, only thing that was putting me off was the fact that its had 4 owners, so i googled its numberplate and i was greeted with this peach of a picture:
jump.jpg

and after a bit more research it turns out its been the press demonstrator for loads of online magazines (auto car, evo )etc
ive been and test driven the car and it all seems alright but i dont know how well cars that are press demonstrators like this are looked after
buy or avoid?

car ad:http://www.availablecar.com/used-renault/clio_2.0-renaultsport-200-cup-3dr/230602

video of flying lessons at millbrook:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4RqTW5UDU

Personaly i'd avoid it if you watch the press videos ie top gear fifth gear they hardly drve them like grannys do they imo they go out their way to either crash them or blow them up just my tuppence worth btw

It appears the last owner was a member of this site if the sticker in the passenger side rear window is anything to go by.

Its fair to say that the car has between well and truely used as it was intended. An taken to the redline on almost every outing. Its also fair to say that whilst it was a renault car it would have been maintained and serviced far more than any other clio, if anything needed replacing it would have been.

Not looked at the ad but if the price is right and reflects its history then I dont see why you shouldn't buy it

It's also a cup, not FF. What spec are you after? Recaros, AG?

A lot of these cars are overpriced at the moment, especially private sales, IMHO.

I've recently bought a 59 plate FF, in very good condition, new tyres, just needing a set of pads for less than £9k privately. No recaros, but standard seats are more comfortable (for me). I viewed a couple of others privately but the owners were in cloud cuckoo land about what they can achieve for run of the mill condition examples. Just an opinion of course.

Hold out for the right car. I think 9k should get you a very good example.

thanks guys i think im going to leave it tbh
It's also a cup, not FF. What spec are you after? Recaros, AG?

A lot of these cars are overpriced at the moment, especially private sales, IMHO.

I've recently bought a 59 plate FF, in very good condition, new tyres, just needing a set of pads for less than £9k privately. No recaros, but standard seats are more comfortable (for me). I viewed a couple of others privately but the owners were in cloud cuckoo land about what they can achieve for run of the mill condition examples. Just an opinion of course.

Hold out for the right car. I think 9k should get you a very good example.

yeah all i really want is ag or ly, recaros and either a cup or ff with cup pack

wasnt that the one on here the guy had to have the gearbox done and a load of other issues? (it may have been one of the other press cars!)

two ways of looking at it ..

on one hand it has probably been well serviced and maintained due to the amount of grief it's been given and kept in good mechanical shape you would think as it's been used for press demonstrations (they wouldn't want to give them a dog of a car)..

but personally I am of the latter opinion... it must have been driven so hard as a demonstrator for press/motoring magazines and given some right abuse....it may have had the usual serviceable items done, but I bet the clutch, gearbox, engine etc have had thousands shaved off their life span being driven like it's been stolen a fair bit... I'd be amazed if the bodywork was in good nick too if it's been around a few tracks etc...

Wouldn't put me off. But 4 owners? Be interesting how long they had it and if any replacement part receipts are in it's history. Think 1 or 2 owners have been in here?! Defo seen this car before!

I think the last owner was on here, I think he did have issues with the car. I think I'd want an extended warranty as a minimum.

Renault press cars are amazingly kept when they are doing thier duties. Renault uk changed an entire engine and gearbox on a press r26.r. The reason... A slipping clutch!

But... That's not to say the other owners have done the same.

It's a tough decision!

DONT buy it, I test drove this almost a year ago when it was at available car then some people may remember me asking about it in the newbies section. I did some more research into this and it has been hammered it's also had a new rear bumper as the original was damaged. Available car sold this and I knew the girl that bought it and she had a few issues and got rid hence why it's back there the previous owners were Autocar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4RqTW5UDU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYXMKdZvi-c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Personally I'd keep away

Its an Alien Green 200 Cup with Recaros and Speedlines. Go for it. Perfect spec imo of course (Though I would say that lol).

By now, any of the worn parts will have been replaced by Renault under warrenty so it should be like new.

Also, engines that have had a hard life from the start tend to give better numbers.