200: Why is the roofline so high?

I was looking at my car in a car park last night and realised just how high the roofline is. Compared to other cars the mk3 is proper tall. I know it's in proportion with the rest of the car but I have way more head room than I could ever need and I'm fairly tall.

Anyone else thought about this and how would it look with a more rakish design?

Yeah they're oddly tall cars, if you compare them to what I though was a 'bulky' looking Mk4 Clio the Mk3 is actually taller!?

I think I'm gonna start driving around in a top hat just to take advantage of all the extra space I paid for when I bought the Mk3 :smiley:

yeah they're oddly tall cars, if you compare them to what i though was a 'bulky' looking mk4 clio the mk3 is actually taller!?

I think i'm gonna start driving around in a top hat just to take advantage of all the extra space i paid for when i bought the mk3 :d

lol!!!

I only just fit in height wise with a helmet, perhaps they wanted 6'2" people to fit in with a helmet? :tongueout:

I've often wondered this myself and at 6'6 its something I normally notice in cars. Now you say its easy to lower the recaros - Case of drilling a few holes and rebolting back together?

It look normal to me. Don't know what the fuss about some want the seat lower, would look stupid if it did and make like a old chav bmw lol

Edit: I miss some words out.

Last edited:
Well for me I can't sit straight when I have my helmet on. It's not uncomfortable but I doubt it does my spine any good. Would also free up space between the wheel and my knees. Clio's actually pretty good for me most cars without adjusting seats I'm pretty much screwed.

Was just about to say because the seat is so bloomin' high! You could drop the Recaro by a few inches without a worry.

As someone who is vertically challenged I have the seat as high as possible and still it isn't enough!

Booster seat might get ordered.

As someone who is vertically challenged I have the seat as high as possible and still it isn't enough!

Booster seat might get ordered.

:lol: sounds like when our lass is driving our car. Although I'm not much taller :smiley:

I have mine wound right down and still think its a little high so I can see how a 'normal' height person might think its too high.