Why have they not done anything?

Renault must be aware (for some years) with the steering wheel quality issue, just wondering why they have never addressed this on any 197/200's?
It's very poor

Budgets, it's so annoying, they just use cheap leather and plastics. How else do u think Renault managed to create the best handling and fun hot hatch for 16-17k??

But the steering wheel seems like a really big thing to cut costs on, I mean its the only part of the car you are actually (skin) connected to
For me they should have had the balls to admit they are crap and have fixed it
Or at least upgraded them after they first got no doubt the 1st wave of complaints probably by 2007

Budgets, it's so annoying, they just use cheap leather and plastics. How else do u think Renault managed to create the best handling and fun hot hatch for 16-17k??

I doubt the price between real leather and that rubbish Renault use as fake leather would change the price of the car much. I mean you can get a wheel completely re-trimmed from scratch for around £100 or so and thats doing just one. I'm sure a company the size of Renault doing thousands of wheels could do it for only a couple of quid more than it currently costs them.

I doubt the price between real leather and that rubbish Renault use as fake leather would change the price of the car much. I mean you can get a wheel completely re-trimmed from scratch for around £100 or so and thats doing just one. I'm sure a company the size of Renault doing thousands of wheels could do it for only a couple of quid more than it currently costs them.

Agreed. Not taking action on genuine customer feedback is a very poor company standard

I'm more aiming at the manufacturing stage where at some stage someone could have thought to make a small change that would have made the product quality that bit better