Why does the clio bring out the k**b in other drivers....?

i was doing 70ish yesterday on A19 just over taking a granny in a polo when a big blue V8 corvet was up my sh*ter with a white mk5 golf GTI up his sh*ter i gladly moved over as most will say the clio is not for motorways,would of been a different story on the good old B road.The corvet did sound nuts when he passed and was pulling away from the GTI with ease.

People sitting on the rear bumper is so common now both on and off the motorway, had another beemer muppet who must've been upset when I left him through 2 sets of chicanes I have local to me, keeping at speed limit thou and just flick the 197 through them but saw he had slow right down, then he came blasting up sitting on my bumper but then didn't see the stationary traffic coming up and nearly ended up rear ending us, probably didn't realise either how quick 197's can stop.

I was blinded by some BMW xenons in my rear view mirror all the way through a village the other day, so when I'd passed through and reached a national limit, I decided to nail it. It stuck to my backside but couldn't get past (twisty road). It wasn't until the road straightened out that I realised it was an M3! I followed it and had a 'play'. I'm amazed how much the clio can wind up drivers of £50k+ cars! It definitely brought out the **** in this driver!

Reverse psychology here folks!
As above - guys in type-r's etc usually dont 'try it on' at trafficlight gp's etc
Maybe because they know the rs200/197s capabilitys?
Always make myself look a fool though against 'lesser' models!

Last edited:
Dont think its reserved just for the Clio's tbh. All small fast looking hot hatches will always attract the knob in other drivers.

Luckily not had too many issues - however 2600 miles in 10 months might have something to do with that ;/

I do find that if you are 'making progress' down a dual carriageway people do tend to move over to let me pass (I'm not always coming up behind them at 6000 rpm either!!)

In giving these people what they want and racing off trying to get ahead from these people arnt you then just being a knob like them?

Just let them go past and then they will soon learn its not cool.

As above really
Since owning the 200 ive seemed to become a 'better' driver (i think) as in "why bother"? So why is it i always F---up at traffic light gp's and spin up the wheels?
yep - i know its me!!

As said a fair few times, it's mostly people in German TDI saloons who fancy their chances. :| They think they own the bloody road.

I guess that's why my dad calls it the BMW lane and not the "fast lane"... :wink:

Correct term is Lane 1, Lane 2, Lane 3 and sometimes Lane 4. The reason there are so many MLMs is because of this 'slow lane' 'fast lane' ********. "I'm not going 'slow' so I should just stay in the middle lane". This attitude gets right on my tits!

Correct term is Lane 1, Lane 2, Lane 3 and sometimes Lane 4. The reason there are so many MLMs is because of this 'slow lane' 'fast lane' ********. "I'm not going 'slow' so I should just stay in the middle lane". This attitude gets right on my tits!
Proper ClioSport.net rant. :tongueout: Nice one.