Why Clio's annoy me......Part 1.

haha that's a nice thread.

* The inner and outer door handles. OMG these are so crap!
* Recaro height position
* Scuttle design
* Air con
* The fact that in order to change bulbs you have to drop the bumper if you love your hands.
* Awful radio reception
* mpg
* Inability to tune the engine

I believe that's about it. Not necessarily in that order lol

My only real complaint is the kangarooing when cold and the flat spot at 2k revs which i may have made worse for a bit more noise

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My poor air con was wheezing away well last weekend, constantly shutting it off and selecting auto again haha

Bless the little gripes, wouldn't have it any other way!

How has nobody mentioned the bloody rattles! I just trace one down and sort it and I hear another on the next drive

Why are the bulbs in the 197/200 so bloody annoying too change, it would have been lovely to just take them out and put them in without having too worry about have skin on your knuckles afterwards...

Also would be very nice if any Clio didn't rattle as much as it did...
Solved this one, got one of my kids to change all the bulbs both sides.

Reactions: Jim_
Boot lid with no meaningful (ie: Thought out, Engineered, ergonomically shaped, useful, deep enough to get you fingers into, comfortable or just plainy fu**in obvious) handle to grab and shut when the other arm is full of something you just retrieved from the boot. Like having a door with no freaking handles for god sake............

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Boot lid with no meaningful (ie: Thought out, Engineered, ergonomically shaped, useful, deep enough to get you fingers into, comfortable or just plainy fu**in obvious) handle to grab and shut when the other arm is full of something you just retrieved from the boot. Like having a door with no freaking handles for god sake............
Thats what the recess on the inside is for, grab and pull down in one movement and gravity brings it home nicely. :smile:

Thats what the recess on the inside is for, grab and pull down in one movement and gravity brings it home nicely. :smile:

Yea i knew it was there.....

"After-thought" would be my bestest description about it Jason. Especially if you have hands anything like meat-cleavers.....

Rattles and the indicator noise really annoys me! Water in engine bay after washing the car, that's about it really. Don't suffer from kangarooing and don't care about MPG.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
The button for voice activation is right by my knee so when I move im greeted with the same old " theres nothing stored in the voice memory"
Why do some of the buttons light up and some do not????
When the lights are on auto and they come on, when I stop and turn off the ignition but sit in the car why cant i turn them off without opening the door???

When the lights are on auto and they come on, when I stop and turn off the ignition but sit in the car why cant i turn them off without opening the door???

You can, just use the stalk switch.

No rear speakers as standard, and the inside door handles are too close to the hinged part of the door, making them heavier to pull shut. A small recessed handle on the armrest part of the door would be a nice addition.
The standard ride height and the wheels sit too much in the arches.

Lack of engine tunability is the big one. Look at the EP3 engine, or even the 1*2 engine. Very easy to extract more power out of those compared to the 197 engine. Prices of parts aren't cheap either. Mine doesn't kangaroo and mpg doesn't matter as I can't afford to chop this in for something else anyway.

I'm not saying these "issues" would have been deal breakers if I knew of them when looking at 197s, but i'd have thought twice about buying one. Now i'm in two minds as to spending money on performance mods or just saving up for something a little more ASBO like a MK2 Focus RS. But I still do enjoy the Clio, as tiring as it may be to use as a daily.

You can, just use the stalk switch.

No rear speakers as standard, and the inside door handles are too close to the hinged part of the door, making them heavier to pull shut. A small recessed handle on the armrest part of the door would be a nice addition.
The standard ride height and the wheels sit too much in the arches.
Really? I tried that and nothing happened I had to open the door
I'll give it another go next time

Definitely the wipers, the AC turning on and off, and you can adjust just the height on the steering wheel, not the depth

Definitely the wipers, the AC turning on and off, and you can adjust just the height on the steering wheel, not the depth

Do you mean to be able to pull the wheel towards you? I am able to do this on mine...wonder if it's not possible on Cups maybe? Does anyone else have full adjustment with their wheel?

Similar Thread Suggestions