Why can't idiots learn to park/drive properly!

Bit late to the party (sorry to see the damage... bummer).

Surprised that the paintless dent repair folks said that they could not do anything. As I had a similar dent on the crease line of my front wheel arch of my new Focus ST (front wheel arch though). And though they said it might be difficult to do, they simply removed the wheel / arch liner and worked their magic. And I'll be damned if I can see where it was now. OK... if it's 100% clean and looking at the wheel arch at exactly the right angle in strong sunlight... you can see a slight dimple effect. But if you did not know, you would just think it was a trick of the light. Though I suppose every car is different.

Bit late to the party (sorry to see the damage... bummer).

Surprised that the paintless dent repair folks said that they could not do anything. As I had a similar dent on the crease line of my front wheel arch of my new Focus ST (front wheel arch though). And though they said it might be difficult to do, they simply removed the wheel / arch liner and worked their magic. And I'll be damned if I can see where it was now. OK... if it's 100% clean and looking at the wheel arch at exactly the right angle in strong sunlight... you can see a slight dimple effect. But if you did not know, you would just think it was a trick of the light. Though I suppose every car is different.

It's strange that some have rejected the work, like you say it's right on the crease line which is tricky but I reckon dentless from someone who knows what they're doing is possible! The location of it is slightly awkward but taking the wheel off like you say should help them get behind the bodywork!

Nice to know that there are people with the expertise to get such crease lines undented! People at work thinks I'm "nuts" to be moaning about such a small dent... some people clearly don't understand how seriously some take the appearance of their cars!

It's strange that some have rejected the work, like you say it's right on the crease line which is tricky but I reckon dentless from someone who knows what they're doing is possible! The location of it is slightly awkward but taking the wheel off like you say should help them get behind the bodywork!

Nice to know that there are people with the expertise to get such crease lines undented! People at work thinks I'm "nuts" to be moaning about such a small dent... some people clearly don't understand how seriously some take the appearance of their cars!
If my car looked as good as yours does then I'd be taking it seriously as well Ross.

Recently had a dent less repair done on my rear and you cannot see it. Guy came round had a positive can do attitude and sorted it for £65. Have you thought about asking an alternative repair guy?

I'm with him ^^^

This car was dead-stock, very clean and very fresh in the flesh and was a joy to see.....

Owned by a genuinely nice guy too :smile:

I also think the dent will be a simple job for someone and wont even faze them. You just need to 'find' the right person.....

I'm with him ^^^

This car was dead-stock, very clean and very fresh in the flesh and was a joy to see.....

Owned by a genuinely nice guy too :smile:

I also think the dent will be a simple job for someone and wont even faze them. You just need to 'find' the right person.....

Thanks for the nice words Syer! It's my pride and joy, so I'm always looking to treat it well! Next service is up in a few thousand miles (40k) so we'll see what's due! Did the sparks not long ago so hoping there won't be too much! Also have heaps of praise for yours, love the colour and sounded awesome having to sit on your tail for the whole duration! Was nice to meet other members, all genuinely nice guys!

As for the dent I'm sure there is the right person is out there, my cousin (who buffed the scuff out for me) picked up his 66 plate Golf GTD last Sunday, and the missus had already dented the bonnet! Took it for repair this morning, and pulled it out no problem, so I'm going to have a word with this guy and see what happens!

Reactions: sevenfourate