Who Works For UPS?...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
I'm sure I've read that somebody here works for them, I want to say Mike, but I'm not certain!?!

Who are you!?! Genuine reason for asking by the way, nothing odd going on...

Cheers,

Will

Sorted, cheers Roy. :smile:

Only asking as I've just been for an interview with them and was after picking his brains. Fingers crossed!!! :smiley:

Cheers Roy, me too!!! The girl who interviewed me was really nice and obvisouly they're a massive company so hopefully it'll turn out for the best. I think it all went as well as it could've done really, did a few tests which I whizzed through and she seemed happy with the Q&A bit too.

Go in singing this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRAHa_Po0Kg[/YOUTUBE]

You'll get the job then :wink:

Hahahaha I was actually thinking of that when I was sat in there!!!

How do you find them to work for? How long have you been there for? It all seems very American-ised, which isn't really a bad thing. She was telling me about the training thing in Tamworth and all that, sounds pretty good to be honest. She's trying to get me back in as soon as possible for some kind of driving induction/assesment, so I'll hopefully hear something about that on Monday. :smile:

Hahahaha I was actually thinking of that when I was sat in there!!!

How do you find them to work for? How long have you been there for? It all seems very American-ised, which isn't really a bad thing. She was telling me about the training thing in Tamworth and all that, sounds pretty good to be honest. She's trying to get me back in as soon as possible for some kind of driving induction/assesment, so I'll hopefully hear something about that on Monday. :smile:

Driving test? Yes, be very very very good at driving. Remember vans need a wider turn than cars :wink: Leave a bigger than normal distance between you and the car infront, when stopped at lights behind a car, leave a cars' length between you and the car infront. Check mirrors regularly too!!!

That's all I can think of at the moment :smile:

Driving test? Yes, be very very very good at driving. Remember vans need a wider turn than cars :wink: Leave a bigger than normal distance between you and the car infront, when stopped at lights behind a car, leave a cars' length between you and the car infront. Check mirrors regularly too!!!

That's all I can think of at the moment :smile:

And then once you have the job, forget all that and remember you are a van driver...

Cheers Mike, I'll just take my time with everything I think. I'm used to driving Class 2 Scanias (6 & 8 wheel) at work for the last year, but I've never actually driven anything between a car and a truck so it'll be a bit different for me. I don't think it's a test test, more of an induction sort of thing where I'll get to drive, but I imagine there will be some element of an assesment even if the guy isn't sat there with a clipboard.

It's at the North Rode depot by the way. Right out in the sticks that place, cracking drive there from our house!!!

Mike, it's the mental cyclists you've got to watch for not the vans and HGVs hahaha!!!

Annnnnddd... I've got the job!!! :thumbup:

Start on Friday for my induction and then I'm off to Tamworth for 5 nights on Sunday to go to Training School. Chuffed. :smile:

Congrats, welcome to the very well paid UPS drivers' world :wink:

Shame you didn't let me know before you applied, we would have got £160 bonus each for "introduction" purposes!

Oh well, that's logistics!

Oh yeah, I may not be with UPS in the UK much longer. Fingers crossed, February I will be at UPS here:

IMG_7724.jpg

:smile::smile::smile:

Congrats, welcome to the very well paid UPS drivers' world :wink:

Shame you didn't let me know before you applied, we would have got £160 bonus each for "introduction" purposes!

Oh well, that's logistics!

You know what mate, I actually wrote ''Mike'' on my form... I explained that I knew you through a car club but I didn't know your surname, only that you lived in Haywards Heath hahaha!!! I didn't realise you'd get a finders fee otherwise I'd have given you a PM about your surname. D'oh!!!

Cheers, I'm looking forward to it. There was a delay in getting back to me and I feared the worse but it turns out the delay was because three depots were after me... Nice position to be in. Anyway, I'll be working out of Eccles now, which covers Gtr.Manchester and the top half of Cheshie which is more ''home'' to me then where North Rode covers.

Aye, the money's not bad is it!?! I've got 3 months probabtion before I'm on the big boys wage, it's all good. :smiley:

I mentioned about you possibly moving abroad and the girl said it's not uncommon. Best of luck with it. :smile:

You know what mate, I actually wrote ''Mike'' on my form... I explained that I knew you through a car club but I didn't know your surname, only that you lived in Haywards Heath hahaha!!! I didn't realise you'd get a finders fee otherwise I'd have given you a PM about your surname. D'oh!!!

Cheers, I'm looking forward to it. There was a delay in getting back to me and I feard the worse but it turns out the delay was because three depots were after me... Nice position to be in. Anyway, I'll be working out of Eccles now, which covers Gtr.Manchester and the tope half of Cheshie which is more ''home'' to me then where North Rode covers.

Aye, the money's not bad is it!?! I've got 3 months probabtion before I'm on the big boys wage, it's all good. :smiley:

Never mind eh. It is an unfortunate fact that when you tell someone how much you earn there, they don't believe you. It was only when I showed someone my year end for this year (paid tomorrow) that they were in total shock. I get a London allowance too on top of the basic pay.

You'll be amazed by Tamworth - one HUGE place, I want to go as I have never been. Maybe one day lol!!!

Never mind eh. It is an unfortunate fact that when you tell someone how much you earn there, they don't believe you. It was only when I showed someone my year end for this year (paid tomorrow) that they were in total shock. I get a London allowance too on top of the basic pay.

You'll be amazed by Tamworth - one HUGE place, I want to go as I have never been. Maybe one day lol!!!

I get that at the moment, to the average Joe I'm just a ''binman'' but if they saw my P60 they'd baulk. :smiley:

One thing that's going to take some getting used to is switching from weekly to monthly pay, I reckon it'll take me three months to get everything in order and put the Cambelt change back a few months... But in all honesty the chance to work for one of the biggest companies in the world doesn't come along too often so I'm sure I'll get used to monthly pay again!!! :smiley:

Out of interest, what's the average amount of hours you put in through a month?

I'll let you know what Tamworth is like. :thumbsup:

I get that at the moment, to the average Joe I'm just a ''binman'' but if they saw my P60 they'd baulk. :smiley:

One thing that's going to take some getting used to is switching from weekly to monthly pay, I reckon it'll take me three months to get everything in order and put the Cambelt change back a few months... But in all honesty the chance to work for one of the biggest companies in the world doesn't come along too often so I'm sure I'll get used to monthly pay again!!! :smiley:

Out of interest, what's the average amount of hours you put in through a month?

I'll let you know what Tamworth is like. :thumbsup:

I do a massive number of hours a month (compared to some there). I have a 40 hour a week contract - and I do 15 hours a week overtime too. So on a 4 week month, I get about 60 hours overtime, and a 5 week month, party time lol!!!

26th of each month is pay day!

I do a massive number of hours a month (compared to some there). I have a 40 hour a week contract - and I do 15 hours a week overtime too. So on a 4 week month, I get about 60 hours overtime, and a 5 week month, party time lol!!!

26th of each month is pay day!

Happy days!!! :smiley:

Mine's a 32 Hour Week Contract, I think from what they were saying it's a new thing that's come in or a thing for new drivers at least so they can basically tell me to have a day off of they suddenly go through a quiet spell. But the couple of lads I spoke to at North Rode all said that it never happens and they're always plenty busy... Espcially so at the moment with all of the Apples. Overtime is paid one months behind isn't it? So, any April OT is in May payday etc.?