Which exhaust

I will be taking it in my mates garage tomorrow and it will be done on the ramps, looking at the instructions, half a page of nonsense, I cannot fathom where the existing should b cut, anyone help on this one?

Cheers

Russ

Ok the Milltek is fitted, first impression is that it is quite droney, hopefully this will reside a bit once it beds in and cokes up?

It gives a decent note through the rev range and sounds well on tick over, just not sure if the drone will lessen as time goes by....

Ok the Milltek is fitted, first impression is that it is quite droney, hopefully this will reside a bit once it beds in and cokes up?

It gives a decent note through the rev range and sounds well on tick over, just not sure if the drone will lessen as time goes by....

Oh dear, did you get a res or non-res? My Scorpion was pretty bad and could literally have split my eardrums at times. You can drive with the windows down slightly to get rid of some of the drone. It might get better in time, but coking up just makes it deeper but not quieter.

Have you got both cats there?

Granted resonated systems can be slightly droney at 70mph

Myself and next door neighbour have been having a discussion, on the whole it sounds good but we think the cat is holding the car back so we will be installing a 200 cell sport cat, neighbour has been knocking these up for the Focus ST/RS boys for a while now, the car is fitted with a Toyo stainless manifold...

Myself and next door neighbour have been having a discussion, on the whole it sounds good but we think the cat is holding the car back so we will be installing a 200 cell sport cat, neighbour has been knocking these up for the Focus ST/RS boys for a while now, the car is fitted with a Toyo stainless manifold...

Holy chicken nuggets that's gonna be louder, surely?? @Johnny 99 may have the same setup, wonder what he thinks about that setup re noise levels?

Reactions: ///M
Holy chicken nuggets that's gonna be louder, surely?? @Johnny 99 may have the same setup, wonder what he thinks about that setup re noise levels?
Mine is a Cobra resonated cat back with Cobra 200 cell sports cat. I had them fitted at the same time so don't know how much difference the cat makes. It's loud enough for me & I'm glad I have a resonated system. A couple of times on a long up hill stretch of motorway it has been a little wearing in the noise levels, but as soon as the road flattens out it's fine. It was initially quite loud when1st fitted, but quietened down after a few hundred miles. I travelled from Inverness to Wales & back last weekend and it was perfectly fine on the motorway cruise so either I'm getting used to it, I'm getting deafened by it , or it's settled in. Overall I am happy with it & the way it sounds.