Which exhaust

After searching through the relevant posts I cannot make my mind up as to which exhaust to go for, basically I want to get rid of the raspiness at mid range that I get from the stock exhaust, I am not concerned if I get a motorway drone as most of my driving is country roads but I want one with a deeper note than normal, any idea which would suit?

Thanks

Russ

I'll follow this thread with interest. My 200 needs a new exhaust and manifold so I'm 99% sure I'll go full K-Tec Racing however the cost will be around £1250 so just want to be sure it's the one before I put my hand in my pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lot of money, however the 197 is one of my "weekend" cars so don't want to spend to much on it...

Same here. It's just my track toy but I do use it at weekends sometimes too.

I don't mind spending the money...just as long as the Mrs doesn't find out and force me to Bicester bloody Village [emoji17]

If you don't care about motorway drone then you can't go far wrong with a Scorpion resonated system. Non-res for that little bit extra but you won't be disappointed with the former. I think RenaultSportClub.co.uk have a 15% discount with Scorpion.
I'd personally avoid KTEC systems other than their manifold which looks pure sex! Bear in mind you'd need to keep the main cat if you had the KTEC manifold as it doesn't have the pre-cat.

Reactions: mannors007
+1 for Scorpion Resonated. Much deeper note than standard. Couple of pops and bangs thrown in as well. Winner

Reactions: Beany
Akra. I had the Ktec system on my 197 and grew to hate it, way too boomy. Replaced it with the Akra of which was just epic.

The more I look the more I am drawn to the Milltek or Scorpion, I suppose the question is resonated or non resonated, if it was the latter would I still get the raspiness?

No experience long term of anything else on a 197 / 200.

But I'd go Scorpion resonated again in a heartbeat.

3rd Car I've had a Scorpion on - and fit, sound and quality are always superb.

Good luck !

How does your Scorpion sound through the rev range?

From when I had mine, it sounded ace all the way through. Mine droned too much at 70 and it had to go, unfortunately. The best part was decelerating in 2nd or 4th as it would pop nicely as it slowed right down. It's already been said, but the fitment and build quality is superb compared to the price you pay. It's hard to gauge the exact sound on any exhaust video, but you seriously can't go wrong with the resonated Scorpion.

Just checked the system on Google images - nice tips!
Are you fitting yourself? I heard the Milltek can be a bit tricky to line up correctly, so if you are, allow plenty of access to make sure it's solid.

I don't think you can go far wrong with either the Milltek or the Scorpion, to be fair - there seems a to be an equal spread of both on the forum. My mechanic had a little trouble lining up my Scorpion, although it was a second -hand one, so that could be why...