Where to buy H&R springs?

Wheres the best (read is cheapest) place to buy H&R springs for the 197? Also whats the common choice 30/40?

Larkspeed seem to be the cheapest ive found, can anyone beat £167.00 posted

Last edited:
That's where I bought mine dude. Seemed to be the cheapest around at the time. Same price as what I paid

Yes larkspeed seems to be the cheapest. I just don't fancy 40mm at the back so I'll probably settle for the Ktec set which is 30mm all around.

just be aware mate that the H&R 30mm drop front and 40mm drop rear is measured on a non cup version,a cup is 7mm lower so the drop will be more like 23mm front and 33mm rear,i run the H&R 30/40's on my cup and it sits perfect,there's roughly a 20mm gap between the tyre and the arch on the front and a 30mm gap at the rear

just be aware mate that the H&R 30mm drop front and 40mm drop rear is measured on a non cup version,a cup is 7mm lower so the drop will be more like 23mm front and 33mm rear,i run the H&R 30/40's on my cup and it sits perfect,there's roughly a 20mm gap between the tyre and the arch on the front and a 30mm gap at the rear

Good piece of information here. Why would it be 33mm lowered rear henderson? I knew that the drop is measured on a no cup but I thought the cup is 7mm lowered all around not just the front, so basically i was looking at 23mm all around lowering. Thanks.

40mm rear is also putting me off. How come K-Tecs H&R's are 30mm then? Have they just advertised that wrong or do H&R supply those just to them?

I don't like the fact that K-Tec are always more expensive than anywhere else so dontwant to go through them if all their selling is something i can get elsewhere for cheaper.

i think it looks spot on at 40mm

I've not seen any so can't compare the 2, i just know i like the stance of the 197 as standard with its nose down a bit, would just like the whole lot a little lower.

Awsome GTI seem to also do 30mm all round H&R's (£35 cheaper than K-Tec too)

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=28311&xSec=9625

Can't seem to find any pics of FF 197's (with standard wheels) on H&R 30/40 or 30/30

Last edited:
40mm minus the 7mm that its already lowered by = 33mm

Oh yeah I misundrestood the post, I thought henderson was talking for the 30mm all around lowering which I wanted to go for not the 30/40.

40mm rear is also putting me off. How come K-Tecs H&R's are 30mm then? Have they just advertised that wrong or do H&R supply those just to them?

I don't like the fact that K-Tec are always more expensive than anywhere else so dontwant to go through them if all their selling is something i can get elsewhere for cheaper.

I don't like it either mate, I emailed them and they confirmed that the set is 30mm all around. There are several H&R sets apparently and different spring colour is different lowering. I couldn't find the 30mm all around elsewhere apart from here

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo.../clio-05-on-197/hr-lowering-springs-30mm-drop

and the price is the same.

i think it looks spot on at 40mm

I totally agree with you. But it is what you are after. Renault has the front a bit lower than the rear for better turn in and I want to keep it that way hence my wish for even lowering (23mm all around). :smile:

Larkspeed :thumbsup: Rock n Roll ! no issues and prompt delivery.
My H+R 30/40's (Grey) arrived last week - just gotta get the bad boys fitted...(to my Albi 197 NON Cup)

nom nom

Attachments

• IMAG1091.jpg
    IMAG1091.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG1092.jpg
    IMAG1092.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 45