Where could this oil be coming from?

Never seen any oil under the car. Its laying under the engine part that has the renault sport logo on top of it

Attachments

• IMG_1449.jpg
    IMG_1449.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 92
mine is doing the same buddy, if you look at the side of the block where the throttle body is, youll see it there too.
rocker gasket i was told by renault - £756 inc VAT for them to do the honours of changing it :blush:

Well, we saw it when we topped it up... service before that was 5000km

@justjamie... Can it do any harm not changing it???

i cant see it doin any major harm as long as u keep the oil level up. im gonna try torqueing my bolts back down bit tighter an clean it up an see if that works.

all i know is my mk2 golf gti used to leak from the rocker gasket, i changed it an it still did it after a month, jus used to keep an eye on it.

theres no way ill be payin renault the £756 they want to change it tho, ill jus wait til i have my cambelts done i think as theyll be around that part of the car anyways 8)

i cant see it doin any major harm as long as u keep the oil level up. im gonna try torqueing my bolts back down bit tighter an clean it up an see if that works.

all i know is my mk2 golf gti used to leak from the rocker gasket, i changed it an it still did it after a month, jus used to keep an eye on it.

theres no way ill be payin renault the £756 they want to change it tho, ill jus wait til i have my cambelts done i think as theyll be around that part of the car anyways 8)

Hehe, that's what I was just planning on asking you. I know what a gasket is, I know what the cambelt is, ... I know the dutch translations, but a rocker....:s

Where is it, what needs to come off to have it changed. I think next service I'll also have my cambelt changed, that's why I might also plan on changing the gasket then...

thx

cambelt change is £710 dude, + service at £230 i think which totals £940

i should imagine theyll change the gasket when they do the belts along with any other gaskets that need renewing.

should be ok for the time being tho mate, jus keep an eye on it an some oil in ya boot

cambelt change is £710 dude, + service at £230 i think which totals £940

i should imagine theyll change the gasket when they do the belts along with any other gaskets that need renewing.

should be ok for the time being tho mate, jus keep an eye on it an some oil in ya boot

Well, I don't go to an official Renault garage for regular work, they charge waaaaaaaaay to much :swear:.

Last 2 cambelt changes costed me about 210£ converted from euro's, that's why I'm curious where the rocker gasket is, so I can tell the mecanic about it and see if he can change it when he changes the cambelt

Well, I don't go to an official Renault garage for regular work, they charge waaaaaaaaay to much :swear:.

Last 2 cambelt changes costed me about 210£ converted from euro's, that's why I'm curious where the rocker gasket is, so I can tell the mecanic about it and see if he can change it when he changes the cambelt

rocker gasket will be between the cam cover and the head dude if that makes more sense 8)

Mine does this too, and im positive its just oil spillage from the filler cover.

I know this cos i spilt it myself, cleaned it from this area and a week later spilled it again :worried: