Wheel Sizes

The second ones aren’t Bola’s - they’re also 18’s
You will likely be supplied the correct spigots as they’ll ask what car you have (they’re 60.1mm)

Yep they're KTEC wheels and as said 18, can't remember width or offset, guy bought a car with them on but he didn't know what they were so made a thread on here.

Reactions: MarcB
@IainMac what was the name of the Black alloys on your car ?

@RSRowe in a perfect world I would not want to run spigot rings so hoping that I can speak to someone at Bola Uk next week and see what options I have.

I don’t think you’ll get away from running them tbh.
even OZ’s have them, albeit metal ones.

I wouldn’t be concerned about running them personally. They’re just for ease of fitting.

What’s your rough budget?

I don’t think you’ll get away from running them tbh.
even OZ’s have them, albeit metal ones.

I wouldn’t be concerned about running them personally. They’re just for ease of fitting.

What’s your rough budget?

They're not just for ease of fitting, a correct centrebore is to stop radial load on the wheel bolts / studs, as it can cause vibration (annoyance or worse working the bolts off) or actually cause the bolts by acting on the bolt where it is weak to snap over time.

But I do agree about not worrying about using spigot rings, as most wheels are made to the biggest centrebore needed (so it will be whatever the biggest that intended wheel was for) this saves cost in manufacturing as you just get the biggest centrebore done, then supply the correct spigot for application.

Apparently mine were a wheel that KTec used to sell, I never got to the bottom of what they were actually called sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: suj
Apparently mine were a wheel that KTec used to sell, I never got to the bottom of what they were actually called sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did k-tec not let you know what the make or model of the alloy was ?

I have had a look and K-tec now no longer sell it which is a shame.

Im looking defiantly to get Bola B10 or Speedline 2110 challenge type wheel / alloy.

They're not just for ease of fitting, a correct centrebore is to stop radial load on the wheel bolts / studs
Absolutely no load through spigots. They’d not be plastic if there was :tearsofjoy:

Wheels are held on through friction, created by the torque/tension applied to the bolt or stud.

Megane R26 wheels 18" is what you need since we keep getting you to change your mind, There was a video of a black R27 in Tenerife it had some kind of Speedline on it I'll see if I can snag a picture.1609619609874.png
1609619762332.png

Reactions: Sean197
Absolutely no load through spigots. They’d not be plastic if there was :tearsofjoy:

Wheels are held on through friction, created by the torque/tension applied to the bolt or stud.

It's not for loading, it's to stop movement that then causes sideways strain on bolts.
As like you said bolts are to pull the two faces together, not stop sideways movement.

We had a thorough talk at work with wheels and tyres department wanting us to model these types of calculations into the models we release, but they've decided to do it themselves (I'll try and dig out the strain pic of the forces on the bolts with an oversized centrebore).

Well it all depends if your keeping the car or not but if you have a genuine R27 it would be more valued for being original and if if your changing the wheels why stay the same size. But all that said it's just wheels and they can be changed it's not like your cutting bonnet vents and painting the seatbacks and dash.

It's not for loading, it's to stop movement that then causes sideways strain on bolts.
As like you said bolts are to pull the two faces together, not stop sideways movement.

We had a thorough talk at work with wheels and tyres department wanting us to model these types of calculations into the models we release, but they've decided to do it themselves (I'll try and dig out the strain pic of the forces on the bolts with an oversized centrebore).
Definitely not going to agree here are we. I could FEA model this in Abaqus, but there’s no point as there is no load or movement through the spigot.

Reactions: suj
Definitely not going to agree here are we. I could FEA model this in Abaqus, but there’s no point as there is no load or movement through the spigot.

Nope we're not gonna lol, I could also in Hypermesh, but we'd just be willy waving haha.
Either way you're running the correct centrebore (with or without spigots) and I'm sure you wouldn't risk running without, so it's all good :thumb:

Reactions: RSRowe

Similar Thread Suggestions