What's everyone's clutch like?

Hi first of all sorry if i have put this in the wrong section! But i'm trying to gauge if my clutch is worn or not, as it seems heavy in operation compared to my last car,the biting point is midway and it does not slip but it can make for a bit of kangarooing when pulling away in first especially when cold. I vaguely recall my 182 having a fairly heavy clutch but before I return to the dealer I would like to get an idea if it is a trait of the 197/200 and I need to ajust or not? the car has covered @55k and has full dealer svc history Thanks ooh and ps dies anyone know the part nos for the two grommits? by the boot release button as I have one missing!

Common thing mine has done it since new, something ya just get used to. Every now and then it gives a real good kangaroo but that's just when I forget to be gentle lol

I've driven a couple of 182s both had terrible clutch action, very ON or OFF no slipping or it was difficult to do so and both VERY heavy.

The 200's clutch is still heavy but not as heavy as the mk2's, it's still relatively un-progressive though.

p.s. paragraphs!!! :wink:

Mine is touch and go...some mornings no problems, other mornings I embarrass myself taking gaps in traffic.

I've heard that allowing the car to idle up to temp (about 45deg Celsius) helps... ?

But once I start my car up, I just can't wait to get it into gear! Lol

197 clutch is easy and light to use when its not worn or do not have any other problems with hydraulics.

The kangarooing isn't clutch relates, it's just something the 197 does when cold! Turning the traction control off for a few minutes first thing seems to help, either that or allowing it to warm a bit before setting off.

My clutch sounds similar to yours, however I don't consider it heavy at all. It feels about the same as the 307 I had before and i'd put a new clutch in that.

What was your last car out of interest? Some cars do have very light clutch pedals!

I went to Renault to ask about my clutch pedal clicking on release and they said it was the switch nothing they can do about it. Funny thing is it didn't do it when I bought the car.

I asked Renault Croatia if there is a possibility to replace my pedal on warranty terms but they answered that no such note came from Renault based on my VIN.
I really didn't hope to get anything with the level of business culture that Renault Croatia along with it'a dealers in Croatia present..

....my Meg has a tendancy to kangaroo on cold also....I have noticed that sometimes under hard acceleration the revs hold off a little....I was paranoid that the clutch was slippipng but i have realised now that it is probably the traction control just adjusting the throttle to keep grip.....when this happens I get no flashing lights or obvious interfearence in the same way as you might if you deliberately tried to spin the front wheels off the lights....