What the clio was really made for....

Just had a great afternoon at Oulton Park with some forum members. It was a reminder to me of what theses cars were really made for. Honestly, on the road most of us are only using them to 50% of their true capacity.....

Did you take yours out mate?? I saw willis was there today, i was gutted i couldnt get the time off work :worried:
I no what you mean though, i love mine on the road but my god its an animal on track, im gagging to go again with my 330 and diff now! The levels of grip are madness!!!

So you still selling? :wink:

Did you take yours out mate?? I saw willis was there today, i was gutted i couldnt get the time off work :worried:
I no what you mean though, i love mine on the road but my god its an animal on track, im gagging to go again with my 330 and diff now! The levels of grip are madness!!!

Hopefully, offers coming in without advertising it. Car didn't go on with still stuff to finish plus tempting fate given my plans to sell. If I'm honest think I need to grow a pair first too. I must say, standard of driving by members (in my humble opinion) was superb today.....These cars def leave drivers with their more 'expensive toys' a little red faced!!!!!

Just had a great afternoon at Oulton Park with some forum members. It was a reminder to me of what theses cars were really made for. Honestly, on the road most of us are only using them to 50% of their true capacity.....

never a truer word spoken litchy,there wasn't much that could touch the clio's round oulton today...the grip level,feel and control the car gives you fills you with so much confidence and leaves others scratching there heads,gave my car a big pat on the back on the way home,the old girl never fails to make me proud

never a truer word spoken litchy,there wasn't much that could touch the clio's round oulton today...the grip level,feel and control the car gives you fills you with so much confidence and leaves others scratching there heads,gave my car a big pat on the back on the way home,the old girl never fails to make me proud

Really nice car you've got there Mr H....Really good putting a face to the name....

Absolutely cracking day and we were blessed with the sunshiiine for most of the day as well. I'm biased but Oulton Park is the best track in the country if you ask me, credit to Matt and Scott for giving it the big'un on their first visit there as it is quite a daunting place with some very unforgiving corners. And fair play to Litchy for not screaming his way around his passenger laps hahaha!!!

It was good to take somebody (Litchy) out who hadn't previously been in one of these cars (in road trim) on track and they just never ever ever fail to surprise people. I took my Dad out for a few laps too and when I spoke to him about an hour ago he couldn't believe the cornering speeds and how rev-hungry they are. I also took out a good friend of ours, Chris (also first time in a Clio), who was left a bit shocked and pining for a little French tin hahaha!!!

I honestly think that anybody who has second thought about these cars or contemplates selling should just book onto a trackday and see what they are really capable of when not being reined back by traffic jams and speed limits.

Crikey, i thought wilson had actually 'grown a pair' and gone out on track then :smiley:

Sounds like you all had a good day. It does surprise you just how capable the Clio is. Let's not forget that out the factory they are cheaper than a Mondeo but mix it up and terrify some seriously expensive metal.

Great that you went on track Litchy, has it given you the bug?

Willis, did you run the Silverstones? How were they, bet it was strange driving Oulton in the dry.. :smile:

Henderson, now you have been on track with Mattie, is he a threat to us at How Fast.. Lol

Mattie, how's the doorcards :wink:

Agree with you.

On road they are ok, but my first lap of the 'ring I really understood why they get so many good reviews. Can't wait until my next trackday in march at Llandow :smile:

LOL. Was quite funny watching people driving their cars onto trailers, as we were simply just driving ours home.... truly awesome!!!

I need a passenger ride on track, might give me the bug then lol

you honestly won't believe the speed of these things we own round a track like oulton mate!...i paid for some tuition today and even the very polite lady who advised me said,"jesus this thing sticks to the road like sh!t"....ha ha,made me chuckle!

i offered her a go but she said she had a boyfriend!

Sounds like you all had a good day. It does surprise you just how capable the Clio is. Let's not forget that out the factory they are cheaper than a Mondeo but mix it up and terrify some seriously expensive metal.

Great that you went on track Litchy, has it given you the bug?

Willis, did you run the Silverstones? How were they, bet it was strange driving Oulton in the dry.. :smile:

Henderson, now you have been on track with Mattie, is he a threat to us at How Fast.. Lol

Mattie, how's the doorcards :wink:

mattie knows his onions mate thats all i'll say!...apart from when he had to cut the sighting laps short that is because his front wheel nearly fell off! funny man!