What kind of spring to get?

Looking to lower my 197, but had coilovers on my past 2 cars and to be honest i cant be bothered with the 'not so comfortable' ride anymore. Plus on my past 2 cars everything was all great with the coilovers on until a few weeks later then there is constant knocks and having to replace track rod ends, ball joints etc etc.

Basically just wondering what would be the best lowering springs to buy, would probably just buy them off eBay or if anyone is selling any on the forum, was looking to lower it roughly 40mm.

Hope somebody could point me in the right direction as to what springs to buy :smile:

TBH if you don't want the not so comfy don't get springs. Coilovers would def be better.

What brand of coilovers have you had on your previous cars?

Had FK coilovers on my corsa c 1.8 sri, then D2 coilovers on my c2 GT. fed up of having to replace bottom ball joints etc. every 6 months. so was just going to buy springs as had them on other cars and thought the ride felt better

Get yourself some cup dampers and a set of 30/30 h&r. Work perfectly together, looks much better and you still retain the same handling of the cup springs. Tried and tested by a few on here including myself.