whining kind of noise

hey guys, new on this forum but been on cs for a couple of years with a 172.
bought a 56 plate 197 the other day and the dealer got the cambelt and waterpump done by the in house garage i think.
when going about 4.5-5k revs there is a whining noise in every gear but then below and above it seems ok, still seems to have its power and didn't notice this whilst test driving the car. is it a normal thing or do you rekon i should go back to the dealer, dealer is about hour and a half away though.
cheers

thought i'd say what the fix was, there was a rubber o-ring/washer missing from where the drivers side driveshaft goes through the mount(attached to the engine), this was making the bearing spin in the mount at certain revs causing the noise. £5 for a new o-ring from renault and no more noise.

thought i'd say what the fix was, there was a rubber o-ring/washer missing from where the drivers side driveshaft goes through the mount(attached to the engine), this was making the bearing spin in the mount at certain revs causing the noise. £5 for a new o-ring from renault and no more noise.

Glad you got it sorted! :smile: