What is a billion?

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
This is too true to be funny.
The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A.
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

D.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E.
A billion Pounds ago was only 13 hours and 12 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

Stamp Duty
Tobacco Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Income Tax

Council Tax
Unemployment Tax
Fishing License Tax
Petrol/Diesel Tax
Inheritance Tax
(tax on top of tax)
Alcohol Tax
V.A.T.
Marriage License Tax
Property Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt.
We had the largest middle class in the world and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?

Can you spell ‘politicians?'

I hope this goes around the UK
at least 100 times.

What the hell happened?????

gordon-brown.jpg

100.gif

trillion.gif

And this in Zimbabwe recently

zimbabwe_100_trillion_dollar_bill.jpg

Worth about £20 on 20/01/2009!!!

Eye opening!

Right Im off to end it all now :eek:

TBH its sad because its true. I think the name 'Great' Britain has been dead for a long time.

your full of depressing facts arent you mike. :wink:

Right Im off to end it all now :eek:

TBH its sad because its true. I think the name 'Great' Britain has been dead for a long time.

That's what happens when you goto countries where they are run so much better than here.

If this country had the same voting system as Switzerland, we wouldn't be in this mess, if this country had the same attitude to work as Germany, we wouldn't be in this mess, and if this country had the same attitude to immigrants as France, then we would be far better off lol

:eek:

i hate all politicians, the recession is their fault which has caused me to be made redundant 4 times in 3 years. its the reason i have no deposit left for a house. its the the reason i no longer have a car. its the reason why i ended up homeless a few times over the past couple of years.

all because of prick politicians, im on redundancy notice AGAIN and i have found out today that Amys store is closing down so she is on a redundancy notice too.

if either one of us loses our jobs ill be homeless again.

all because of this recession and the politicians, i hate this country

i hate all politicians, the recession is their fault which has caused me to be made redundant 4 times in 3 years. its the reason i have no deposit left for a house. its the the reason i no longer have a car. its the reason why i ended up homeless a few times over the past couple of years.

all because of prick politicians, im on redundancy notice AGAIN and i have found out today that Amys store is closing down so she is on a redundancy notice too.

if either one of us loses our jobs ill be homeless again.

all because of this recession and the politicians, i hate this country

Agree. Totally!

its bad when you work your finances out and you realise that you are actually better off on benefits than working.

(im not now but i have been before, ridiculous if you ask me)

Do not get me started on politicians and tax, all I seem to do at the moment is pay huge sums of the damn stuff :worried:

Not applicable if you are Aethiest like me (or any other religion!)

Not really. Jesus was a factual person. He did exist, that much is 100% guaranteed! Was he the son of god? Was he ****!!! Just a clever nutter that could sell belief.

Not really. Jesus was a factual person. He did exist, that much is 100% guaranteed! Was he the son of god? Was he ****!!! Just a clever nutter that could sell belief.

A very valid point, although saying that I went school with a lot of girls that got pregnant and didn't know how as they were virgins, maybe god is putting it about a lot :wink:

Which magical fact are you using to back this up?

You can't you the word Jesus and factual in the same sentence.

Which magical fact are you using to back this up?

You can't you the word Jesus and factual in the same sentence.

Dont talk crap lol. It was only a couple of thousand years ago FFS. We know the name of Pharaohs in Egypt many many more thousands of years back to this.

A very valid point, although saying that I went school with a lot of girls that got pregnant and didn't know how as they were virgins, maybe god is putting it about a lot :wink:

Theres a difference between a slag and a virgin. They must have been using the wrong word. Or maybe they missed sex ed and didnt realise they had actually had sex. lol.