what influenced you

I had a Racing Blue Clio 197 :smile:

11102008043.jpg

27082008035.jpg

Seen a Clio 200 at a Renault dealer and just had to have one.
Went onto the RenaultSport site a PM'd various dealer's on the site
picked the exact spec I wanted and got a great deal on a Clio 200. :thumbup1:

:driveby:

My 172 kept braking down. Then after doing some sums, realised that having a 200 for 2 years will only cost about £1k more than keeping the 172 (without adding in maintenance costs of the 172, so will more than likely be cheaper than keeping the old one).

Wanted RB as its the best colour. Wouldnt have minded AG but wasnt willing to pay £1200 for a colour.
Kept the standard 5 spoke wheels as everyone else is a sheep and gets the Speedlines, so I chose those to be different.

Price and the favourable reviews it was getting from just about everyone on the planet.

Bought mine without having seen a 200 in the flesh.

First time I saw one was the day I picked mine up.

Quite simply EVO magazines 2009 car of the year article. Based on the Isle of Skye the Clio 200 came fifth beating a lot of other more exoctic, expensive and powerful stuff!

Had a Clio Trophy, needed something bigger and with belts and sachs looming made financial sense too. Don't like turbo power, 200 was obvious choice, and the only in my renaultsport loving brain

For me, it was some guy in Steyning that had an LY 197 - I hated the RS to start off with, then every time I saw it, it wore away at me.

Then I got the Red 197 :smile:

For me it was my dad owning the 182 and then a 197 (which I bought) he already specced rear tints and I just wanted to make it look stealthy. Black wheels, hoping black handles and badges to follow. Pic from the weekend.

cliosnow3.jpg

The PcP deal. Could not find another sporty 2.0L brand new car for anywhere near £200 a month. If it wasnt for the amazing finance support from Renault i would still happily be driving my 172 Flamer :smile:

For me it was my dad owning the 182 and then a 197 (which I bought) he already specced rear tints and I just wanted to make it look stealthy. Black wheels, hoping black handles and badges to follow. Pic from the weekend.

cliosnow3.jpg

Like a stealth bomber! :wink:

I finally chose the Gordini purely because of the spec list.

I like my gadg' so I would of ticked every option if I had ordered another 200 making the car a bit more costly than most.. the Gordini comes with this as standard plus more. Hopefully it'll be worth a little bit more in 2/3 years too, so a better financial move.

I had to get black Speedlines because they look the nuts and I didn't like the blue insert raiders :smiley: