what influenced you

200cup andy

Platinum Member
bit of a random question to get you thinking. what influenced you to get the clio that you did? what made you get the colour or the wheel type?

mine its pretty much this pic
3775449173_1f32b47d50.jpg

and watching the clio cup on the telly

I have a thing for white cars with white wheels.

IMG_2827_exposure.jpg
62004_432426820795_611430795_5526628_5553631_n.jpg

Last edited:
Driving a friends 172 cup years ago brought my attention to the brand and I chose Racing Blue as its Renault's racing colour (sort of) after my last car was championship white (Honda's racing colour). Plus it was a no cost option :smile:

i have gone for RB with speedlines as i liked the wheels on the 197.
chose a clio as i had a long standing affection for the 197! bought a new 200 cause it's tax free :smile:

stu.

Most of the press Clios were Alien Green with black wheels, and it aint a proper little race car without the Recaros.

I knew nothing about the 200!
Just saw it, loved it and bought it there and then! No messing around! :wink:

looked at alot of cars at the time an 197 was getting the best reviews so i tryed getting one new and told better off getting the new 200 which i wasnt to sure on because i didnt like the nose but it grew on me and i got it in black because its understated

Already owned an RS megane and had an old clio mk1 that I could get scrapped for 2 grand under that government thingy. Wanted a hot hatch and wanted it to be renault. Was gonna get a 197, but the 200 was just coming out. So got a 200 instead. Killed that car in october last year and loved the car that much, I ordered another and here I am again. The fact that they are such an amzing little car is a bonus :smile:

Own a Yaris 1.33 and wanted a hot hatch, looked around the market, Fabia Vrs (180bhp), Polo GTi 1.4 (180bhp) Corsa Vxr ;/

Didn't take long to learn about the Clio 200 (even though I should have found it sooner) - did a lot of research on it, didn't particularly "love" it at first, infact I preferred the Polo GTi. With most things in my life, objects or possesions I first dislike tend to grow on me more and more before eventually I love it more than any other.

Went to the local Renault Clio dealer, test drove one, love at first gear.

Worst car i've had hence i only had it for 3 month, I need boost in my life, these are cute little cars tho.....

Had 2 Clios prior to the 197, both 1.2 though. Looked at lots of things, but the Clio did it for me on paper, in the metal and fron the reviews. A good price secured mine. Wanted red or Albi as I had already got silver so didn't want Nimbus, the missus has black, LY was too expensive and older than I wanted to buy, racing is nice, but prefered Ultra. I like the wheels the standard car came with too.

looked at alot of cars at the time an 197 was getting the best reviews so i tryed getting one new and told better off getting the new 200 which i wasnt to sure on because i didnt like the nose but it grew on me and i got it in black because its understated

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was only about £10ish more a month for a brand new 200 than a 197.