What did you do as Sport before you had too work

nutnutwelshman

Gold Member
Hi guys what sport did you do before you had to make a livening any photos ???? This is me on Le bike cycling around 600/700 miles a week then I went on to get fat and old

Last edited:
Golf, played it from when i was knee high to a grass hopper, till i found all the expensive "delights" of an elderly teen!

Weeks like this i wish i still had my membership, but its that or car insurance nowdays though :worried:

Ice-hockey, very good at it I was too and spent time in Canada and Czech Rep. playing.

Had five years out now but looking at starting again later this year...

Last edited:
I did a bit of aikido and judo

I also swam as often as poss. Now I'm just a fatty

Cricket, was best mates with 3 lads who went on to play county level (one still is) and one went on to play for engalnd and is now a manager in the ipl i think.

I used to swim competitively at county level, then went onto play golf been on a few tours round the UK playing golf but as a junior, also now have had a football team ask me to play for them at semi professional level. But doubt ill play as have no time with work commitments and running my under 8s football team :smiley:

Loads of mountain biking and basketball when I was in Greece, still do mountain biking though but not as often as I'd want:worried:

I used to do diving... Certainly no Tom Daley but I do love it when we go on holiday and they have diving boards.... Show the other dads how its done.. Lol

golf too, was a junior member at a private club then gave it up for work and other more interesting commitments, now I only play a few times a year, waaaaah!!

Down hill Mtb which is ironic as Norfolk is the flattest place on earth.
Have to give up due to work but also the sport has broken my body and a generally hurt now.

Hurling. If you don't know what it is Google it. Was half decent and a goal keeper for my club (1st team) and school (1st team) up to the point I left for uni when I stopped playing. Not even lifted a hurley stick in 10 or so years.

For me it's Aikido competed for England many times at world level and still do, but lost in the world quarters 2 years ago.
IMG_0260.jpg

Wouldn't have known that about you Darren! I'd love to get into something likw that.

I'll stop taking the piss out of your driving now lol

I used to cycle....not professionally, but cycled everywhere.

I went to school in Lewes - about 16 miles each way, and I used to cycle to and from school every day. Didn't bat an eyelid at it. Then I used to cycle all weekend.

Then I discovered petrol and how easy that was.

Now, I am like an asthmatic pit pony when I get on a bike lol!!