197: What colour alloy refurb?

what colour refurb?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

james_h

Platinum Member
One of my alloys is in pretty poor nick, so I was thinking of getting a refurb on all of them and changing the colour. I have the quote from someone I know in the trade, I just need to decide out of the 3 colours I have narrowed it down to. I'm also waiting on another colleague who deals with Speedline to see if he can source me a set of new 200 gloss black cup alloys (7 twin spoke looking ones), but I don't like that style tbh so even if I can get a set cheap think I may stick with this alloy..

Looking like either refurb in standard silver, anthracite or gloss black..opinions??:smile::smile:
glossblack.jpg
anthracitewheels.jpg
P1000870.jpg

Well I can't decide but it's either the standard silver or black, anthracite against the UR paint looks gash IMO

Leaning towards black though.

Sorry Grump, couldn't agree less. Love my anth on my UR. So I say anth. Good colour if you can't decide between black or standard IMO.

thanks guys, this is going to be a tough decision! I've added a poll (sorry a little late) which may help me decide???

stil undecided. I like the thought of keeping it original - as an original Clio is actually different seeing as so many people make changes to them.

. but also I've always fancied a set of anthracite alloys on a red clio (like the trophy I suppose)

.. but the gloss black seems like the in thing at the mo and I have to admit it looks great on the clio, especially Ultra Red

... decisions decisions :001_unsure: :001_unsure: :001_unsure: :001_unsure: :001_unsure:

I voted anthracite as everyone has black, the 197 wheels dont suit white (Speedlines do though) and anthracite looks the biz.

Is it Luke on here that has his in anthracite on his red 197?

Check out my pictures dude, anthracite all the way, black doesn't suit standard 197 alloys IMO, I've got a spare set that I might get done in White, ready for when I do track days!

Another for anth. You have seen the pics of my UR with anth and I love them! Best thing I have done to the car I think.

voted anth as well, its looks good. Its keeps the OEM look which i like. Black is just a fad, and it makes your tyres look manky!

black defo,its common yeah but for a reason! no point having them done in a colour u dont like just to be different,if that was the case we'd all have ginger rims!

anthracite if you keep it the was it is.
Black if you add black touches like wind mirrors and black diffuser etc.

Looks like silvers out then ..:tomato:

tbh in my own mind I think it was always going to be a toss up between anthracite and black... just got to decide now.. doh :001_unsure:

Last edited:
I was going to say black but I agree its quite common on the UR so I am gonna go with anthracite. To be honest they both look good.

Similar Thread Suggestions