we're getting a ridiculous amount of spammers!!

It'll be the Chinese millitary. :smiley:

Not quite they seem to be Russian (KGB) :wink:

I have banned 'a few' so hopefully it will be quiet after I am back from the rugby, some of the other mods will be on to keep on top of things in the meantime, we are working on a solution!

:tongue_smilie:

What I've done on my site is to turn on account activation by admin, and also add a custom profile field for "Car" which is required to be completed on registration.

This works well - the spammers/robots don't know what to put in the field so if the answer isn't satisfactory the account isn't activated.

Downside is it takes a bit of manual processing - I have to check the profiles of new users and then activate or delete.

What I've done on my site is to turn on account activation by admin, and also add a custom profile field for "Car" which is required to be completed on registration.

This works well - the spammers/robots don't know what to put in the field so if the answer isn't satisfactory the account isn't activated.

Downside is it takes a bit of manual processing - I have to check the profiles of new users and then activate or delete.

Ya thanks for that dude:smile::smile::smile:

I have changed a tiny little setting, see if that makes any difference now :smile:

Whatever you did it certainly seemed quieter today... People can still sign up though can't they :lol:

At least you didn't crash the site ... This time :tongueout:

brilliant - they've even scammed the post about scammers.

these needs sorted admin....

Been through and deleted 45 posts by that t**t

Also remover 6 others this morning, I can assure you we are doing as much as we can, we are looking at getting a new filtering system in place to stop it once and for all.

Tried everything so far, searched online and apparently this version of vbulletin is very liable to spamming.

Really don't know how to stop this. When I have been set up on vbulletin's support forum, I'll hopefully have a solution :smile:

Tried everything so far, searched online and apparently this version of vbulletin is very liable to spamming.

Really don't know how to stop this. When I have been set up on vbulletin's support forum, I'll hopefully have a solution :smile:

Upgrade needed :wink: lol

I told you why that is though - they are Russian and American its bedtime for the keyboard warriors over there - their mums have put their tea out, with freshly cleaned PJ's and now the 40-year-old virgin can sleep easy with their nightlight! :swear:

:-p

Similar Thread Suggestions