we're getting a ridiculous amount of spammers!!

and it is getting really rather annoying now....

spamspamspam.jpg

Is there a way of tracking them down, bundling them into a van and beating them with keyboards?

Yes I know, had 2 in the west midlands section recently and now someone has attacked us again! Why can't they just do one? Lol! I mean, what makes someone think it is normal to write all that crap on a site like this?
Is there anything that can be done though?

Is there a way of tracking them down, bundling them into a van and beating them with keyboards?

Ha ha, :thumbup:

Something a bit heavier might work better! Lol! Funnily enough I'm hiring a Transit later, where shall I meet you? Ha ha!

You can grab their IP and report them to their ISP. Depends on where they source from as it'd probably end up being somewhere like china but it can help sometimes.

Or make the registration process more difficult for them.

Its okay guys just report an posts that are considered spam and the moderating team will delete them and :woody:

ive changed the registration to reCaptcha now to see if that helps cut them down.

yeah - i was going to say, reporting and banning is a bit poo, cause they still spam. we need something which will stop false registration, which is hopefully reCaptcha

banned a load of ip addresses, some of which were multiple offenders.

think ive worked out why they are getting through so easily also... Mike strikes again :wink:

do you really want to have to do it every time you log in.?
i know i dont.

I know mate but lots of sites I visit do it so I'm used to it last option really :worried: although you enabled it for sign up so that should help at least! Personally I havnt seen much spam though so don't bother me :smile:

Another spam thread in Russian has just been posted. They need to get a life!

Similar Thread Suggestions