Waxing white cars

Read a couple of blogs thy state wax on White cars is a no no. And that you should leave it at a glaze and a sealant.

Anybody have any knowledge on this?

Cheers

I clayed and waxed my white clio last weekend and it looks great....but i'm no expert and didn't realise washing your car was now called detailing until recently...

If its true then why are there products like dodo juice diamond white which are only meant for white and light coloured cars?

Get it waxed. :smile:

Never heard that before, I'm no expert myself but I'm quite into the detailing thing. Can't see why it'd be a problem!?!

I clayed and waxed my white clio last weekend and it looks great....but i'm no expert and didn't realise washing your car was now called detailing until recently...

think it becomes detailing when you join an online forum and spend more than £15 on cleaning products. ;/

I've heard some people say that they prefer the look of sealant on a white car, but there is absolutely no reason at all why you can't use wax on it.

If you'd be interested in trying some Dodo Juice products (maybe Diamond White wax or Supernatural Hybrid sealant) I offer 5% discount to forum members.

just get some quality wax on it - white paint isnt "special" :huh:

as for "detailing" - it is when you go to extremes to clean it etc - you cant class a sunday morning wash and leather off a detailing session!!

I use the werkstat acrylic kit recommended to me by polished bliss. Also alot of people on detailing world say it's the best for white.

Waxes contain a lot of natural ingredients, which by their very nature are not reflective, and generally offer a 'warm glossy' look, which is great for darker tones which are already reflective (such as black) but not perhaps the best choice for white.

Sealants, generally, are made to be reflective, as they are entirely 'man made' (very few natural ingredients) and so improve the reflectivity, and therefore 'look' of lighter colours, such as white or silver.

If I had a white car, I'd use Werkstat Acrylic from Polished Bliss, or Zaino Z2.

Waxes contain a lot of natural ingredients, which by their very nature are not reflective, and generally offer a 'warm glossy' look, which is great for darker tones which are already reflective (such as black) but not perhaps the best choice for white.

Sealants, generally, are made to be reflective, as they are entirely 'man made' (very few natural ingredients) and so improve the reflectivity, and therefore 'look' of lighter colours, such as white or silver.

If I had a white car, I'd use Werkstat Acrylic from Polished Bliss, or Zaino Z2.

Thanks man. Great help

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jakkehoop Spotted 1
Foxspeed Spotted 3
H New Members 1
k2100 Detailing 27
Colvin1991 Detailing 10