Wax?

james_h

Platinum Member
I have just cleaned the 200 with all my new cleaning goodies.. the only thing I haven't bothered with this time is wax or polish - purely because I'm not sure what I should be doing for the best.

I have had advice saying clay and wax twice a year way??

Any recommendations welcomed with regards to which wax and how often + applicators. Wouldn't want to spend more than £40 ideally>?

(I won't be buying a machine as can't really afford the outlay plus would rather a professional such as Russ do that level of detail)

Go for dodo juice then waxing only needs to be done every six months if it's a good one

collinite 845 for wax, really cheap, and last for 6 months, incredible stuff, russ put me on to it!

Bring it over Tom :smile:

James, on Albi blue I'd probably go for a wax rather than a sealant - I tend to prefer sealants on lighter colours such as whites and silvers.

A great wax within your budget is Chemical Guys 50/50, which is my 'go to' wax on most of the details I do. It lasts very well (a realistic 4 months or so) and looks superb.

Collinite is a great choice too and is more durable again, and is my main recommendation for something cheap and effective for Winter, where durability is key. It does look good too, but 50/50 edges it on looks.

Of course budget dictates choice. The 50/50 is also a pleasure to use and can be left on for as long as you want and removes without any effort at all. A strong choice and something I'd recommend over Dodo's core range. There's nothing wrong with them though - in fact most waxes under £50 are generally worth their money.

Russ.

Another thumbs up for Collinite, great value for money and durable, Use it on my Golf. Also Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax Blue is good.

how much do u charge then russ for a full days detailing session and how do u go about it? do u have a unit somewhere or do u travel to customers houses?

Hi all.

Due to budget restrictions I have gone for the Collinite 845. Brought a meguiars application pad as well.

Would have liked the 50/50 or Dodo J but just can't warrant that outlay at the minute, especially as I have only covered 500 miles on 3 months!

Great choice James, you won't be disappointed in the slightest :smile:

Gloss looks VERY nice but isn't very durable when it meets water, but whilst its dry it's superb! It's very quick to reapply so not a huge issue.