Warning about SE 'We will buy your car.com' guys

Just thought I'd post a head's up if you ever think of using these in the South East. My neighbour has had enough of the UK & is leaving UK to go an live back in his wife's country, he has numerous cars & bikes for sale at the moment.

Anyway he did the online thing for his megane and one of their valuators came round checked over car and then decided to value car for even less and made offer 2k below the price they originally quoted, so obviously his wife said no way and he left.

After the guy had gone she noticed the logbook and spare keys were missing. She called her husband who got on to them and told them and they said no-way it was impossible for their guy to have taken them.

After warning them about calling the police he gets call 5 minutes later and they said the guy had got the logbook & picked it up by mistake, so he retuned and was still denying having the keys as well when he dropped it off.

After 20 minutes of arguing on the doorstep my neighbour just said I'm calling the police at which point the valuator guy said I'm not talking to you anymore and left, as my neighbour went to go after him he then spotted the missing keys down the side of the drive on the verge after the guy walked away, which was an area they fully checked before he came back so know they weren't there before.

Now as he said he's not accusing 'Wewillbuyyourcar.com' of knowingly getting these guys to do this, but looks like they have some dodgy guys working for them who more likely than not sell the keys and books onto crooks who then possibly come back in the night to steal the car and as they have keys and logbook you'd be screwed.

So be very careful when getting any internet based firms or private people when viewing your car to check you've got everything before they leave.

Last edited:
slipped up there.............I WOULD HAVE PHONED THE POLICE 8)

someone will get stung by them....needs stopping!!

I did mention that, but they don't plan on staying in UK much longer he really has had enough, they want to get rid of everything so they can go out there and put a deposit down on property.

He was worried the car would be taken as evidence and the time it takes legally doesn't want the grief of then having to come back for a court case.

Shame really, i did see the guy yesterday but didn't realise what was going on otherwise could have gone out there and helped grab the guy.

We buy any car have been pulled up a few times for fraud and misleading people - it's been in the press.

I would avoid them at all costs.

I know to 2cases were they have quoted for cars and when they turn up they say it is £500-£1000 less than they thought and pressured the two women in to selling them
Very dodgy indeed

I know to 2cases were they have quoted for cars and when they turn up they say it is £500-£1000 less than they thought and pressured the two women in to selling them
That's exactly what they made press for. It happens a lot!!! See Google. >.< Once, I was trying to find info on the business and found more about their fraudulant dealings.

to be honest, if you use 'We buy any car', then your a fool.

They are crooks. The whole world knows they are crooks.

But interesting none the less!!

Ive used webuyanycar twice now. Both times i have bought ex-conpany vehicles from my work for pennies (literally), gave them a clean up and drove them straight to the depot as soon as the V5 came through in my name. Both cars were 406 estates on about 53 plates and being company cars were well looked after with full history from the same peugeot dealer. The first one i took had a little minor damage and the depot was happy enough to offer me the online price i had been quoted (£500 profit to me). The second one had no MOT so i trailored it there. I had been offered £1150 online but when i got there the guy tried to knock off £300 because, quote "the service stamps are all too perfectly aligned, you have clearly stamped the book yourself" :S. In the end I haggled and walked away with £1000 (£750 profit to me :smiley:) but it just goes to show that they are really just trying to scam you out of money just like any potential buyer would do and arent as they claim "a safe and easy way to sell your car!"

Hello,

My name is Katie and I work at webuyanycar.com. I just wanted to get in touch after reading this thread. webuyanycar.com only operate from our branches we do not visit customers at their home address (or anywhere else other than our branches).

Surrey-Paul - could you confirm which company your neighbour used?

Just to explain, we offer a free online valuation and there is never any obligation to sell to us (either after a customer receives a valuation online or after inspection).

We hold our valuations for 7 days from the day of the online valuation and offer the same price to our customers as the online valuation if the details (condition/history etc.) provided to us online are correct.

If there is a difference in the history or condition our buyers are trained to point this out during inspection. Weemark – it sounds like you did not receive a full explanation during the sale of your car – would you be able to let me know your registration number so that I could look into this? My email address is socialmedia (at) webuyanycar.com

Hope this helps, any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Katie
webuyanycar.com

Hi Katie, It was a few years ago, cant remember the reg plate and im not fussed anyway, i set out to make a profit and i did !

Thanks anyway though

The exact same thing happened to my brother in law and sister only the other week. They were quoted ~3k for their Zafira only to find that WBAC turned up and offered them ~2k for the car as it had been described online. They walked away from the deal and sold the car privately that afternoon. It was a lucky escape as they live abroad and had come back to the UK solely to sell this car and buy another. WBAC let them down IMO.

Father in law had a similar experience but did sell the car. He was haggled down but TBH didn't want the hassle as he was about to receive a new company car so sold it to WBAC. Not quite the horror stories above but on both accounts the online valuation wasn't worth JACK when they actually turned up...

webuyanycar are last chance saloon for car sellers

You have

Private Sale
Part exchange
Ebay
Trade Sale

before you get to WWBYC

At the end of the day this company exists because people get desperate for money-

Its a pity after that they still try to r*pe you on value

S

A company joining a forum to defend itself: amature mistake. :-p

Or genuine concern?

I think its good they at least take the time an effort to do it. Now all they need to do is stop trying to rip people off and they'll be OK in my book :smiley:

Hello,

My name is Katie and I work at webuyanycar.com. I just wanted to get in touch after reading this thread. webuyanycar.com only operate from our branches we do not visit customers at their home address (or anywhere else other than our branches).

Surrey-Paul - could you confirm which company your neighbour used?

Just to explain, we offer a free online valuation and there is never any obligation to sell to us (either after a customer receives a valuation online or after inspection).

We hold our valuations for 7 days from the day of the online valuation and offer the same price to our customers as the online valuation if the details (condition/history etc.) provided to us online are correct.

If there is a difference in the history or condition our buyers are trained to point this out during inspection. Weemark – it sounds like you did not receive a full explanation during the sale of your car – would you be able to let me know your registration number so that I could look into this? My email address is socialmedia (at) webuyanycar.com

Hope this helps, any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Katie
webuyanycar.com

I'll have a word with my neighbour but he did mention your companies name as the firm who's representative tried this on.

Are you aware of any companies using similar names online catching people that way and so he thought it was you but in-fact was another firm which could explain what then happened?

Or genuine concern?

I think its good they at least take the time an effort to do it. Now all they need to do is stop trying to rip people off and they'll be OK in my book :smiley:
It's not always a problem, but has been known to go very badly. Here's a good example from a few years back:

Someone wrote a big rant about BT Home Broadband on their blog, and someone from BT tried defending BT via the comments section. It sparked a massive argument/discussion with loads of people flaming BT.

That wasn't the issue.

The issue was that the blog gathered so much attention that Google recognised the blog post as a valuable website regarding BT Home Broadband for a short peroid of time. As a result, when you Googled "BT Home Broadband" this persons angry anti-BT blog came before the actual BT website. :rofl:

Update: just spoken with my neighbour as he's just returned home from trip abroad.

I mentioned what response had occurred on here and that they don't do home visits he was still adament it was 'we buy any car'. So I asked if they left any paperwork and they had left the sheet which had the quote on it and noticed it was in fact a company called 'We will buy your car.com' when I pointed this out he didn't even realise it was a different company & him & his other half had thought it was 'we buy any car' who they contacted.

Admins, can this thread title be changed? as think the warning is still valid but obviously needs to be corrected to the company which appear to be the rogues here. Otherwise I ca create new thread using 'We will buy your car.com'.

Update: just spoken with my neighbour as he's just returned home from trip abroad.

I mentioned what response had occurred on here and that they don't do home visits he was still adament it was 'we buy any car'. So I asked if they left any paperwork and they had left the sheet which had the quote on it and noticed it was in fact a company called 'We will buy your car.com' when I pointed this out he didn't even realise it was a different company & him & his other half had thought it was 'we buy any car' who they contacted.

Admins, can this thread title be changed? as think the warning is still valid but obviously needs to be corrected to the company which appear to be the rogues here. Otherwise I ca create new thread using 'We will buy your car.com'.

done :thumbsup: