Vulcan Bomber

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
I know there are a few people into aeronautical things on here, happened to catch it landing at Robin Hood.

5970171000_7466c3b7d6.jpg
5969613791_837c96cdbb.jpg
5970171838_0153a6b649.jpg
5969614623_cb47c2cc96.jpg

i didnt think any were still flying!

did you see the programme about them - britains 1950s nuclear bombers

vulcan
victor
vicount i think

still a bit tame compared to the yanks valkarye...

It's the last one still flying, used to be based at bruntingthorpe but now moved to Finningley as it's one of the few runways suitable for it.

Love these things, the noise is just emmense.
Bruntingthorpe is just down the road from us, I was on my way to pick up some fuel the other month and it was coming into land. It must have only been about 200 feet bove me :smile:

Oh wow!

I love aeroplanes, they really are amazing feats of engineering - especially some of the earlier examples such as these! Would love to get to an air show and see one of these in action :smiley:

They have one at Southend airport that a charity is trying to restore into flying condition too, but 20 years on and they've made little progress.

Had this thing at RNAS yeovilton for the air day a couple weekends back, the noise is just immense compared to everything else we had there on the day!

get yourselves to bruntingthorpe for the cold war jets day in August, this arrives the day before and departs on the day

i didnt think any were still flying!

did you see the programme about them - britains 1950s nuclear bombers

vulcan
victor
vicount i think

still a bit tame compared to the yanks valkarye...

Valiant mate. Atleast ours got operational unlike the yanks valkarye lol although i'de of loved to see the valkarye fly. I think when this vulcan was still operational it was based at finningly for a while.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mitchell197 Projects/Progress Threads 122