Views on this 197 for sale

I thought the belts are changed at 6 years old? That's what it said in the service book of another '08 reg 197 I went to see...

If it's an '08 car, then it should have had 4 services up to the end of last year surely? The 5th service would fall this year depending on when it was registered?

Say the car was a June '08, then he belts would need to be done June '14

I thought the belts are changed at 6 years old? That's what it said in the service book of another '08 reg 197 I went to see...

If it's an '08 car, then it should have had 4 services up to the end of last year surely? The 5th service would fall this year depending on when it was registered?

Say the car was a June '08, then he belts would need to be done June '14

yes - your up to speed on the requirements of what they need so say no more :thumbup:

197's need the belts done every 5 years. I've just had mine done hence why I know.

They must have changed the service books at some point then. The '08 reg one I looked at said belts at 6 years/72k.
Going to look at another one tomorrow, I'll try and take a picture

My interval has recently been changed by Renault. On the Renault site you can access an area called my Renault, and from there you can access the service schedules.

Up until about a week ago mine said 5 years, however now it says 6. I'm guessing they have revised the intervals to bring them in line with the 200.

My March 09 197 says 5 years in the service booklet.

If they've changed it should they send you out something to alter the service booklet? otherwise if belt goes at 5.5 years will they play ball?

On a side note, broke down on A1M today in a 40.000 mile clio, cam belt snapped!! it was an 04 model and looks like original belt, it would appear owner thought it would be ok until the 72.000 mile mark.

Went to go see it today. By FAR the best one I have seen, so much so I've left a deposit :smiley:.
There was a little mark on the drivers door and one on the passenger side, not deep enough to be scratches, but they are being sorted. Front passenger alloy had a small scuff which is also being done. Rest of the outside and interior was spotless.

Service due in June which will be FOC. New MOT going on it, and road tax. Also the rear brakes needed changing, so these are being done too.
Comes with 12 month warrenty.

Happy with that considering it's a franchise dealer.

Went to go see it today. By FAR the best one I have seen, so much so I've left a deposit :smiley:.
There was a little mark on the drivers door and one on the passenger side, not deep enough to be scratches, but they are being sorted. Front passenger alloy had a small scuff which is also being done. Rest of the outside and interior was spotless.

Service due in June which will be FOC. New MOT going on it, and road tax. Also the rear brakes needed changing, so these are being done too.
Comes with 12 month warrenty.

Happy with that considering it's a franchise dealer.

sounds like your happy with it :thumbup:

enjoy :thumbup1:

Cheers chap.

Yea, hopefully pick it up next week when it's been sorted. I was impressed with how it drove, even though it was soo different to what I'm used to.
Felt like I could really throw it around :smiley:

Mine says 5 years as well. They must have changed it for later 197's. 200's are 6 and they're exactly the same!

Congrats on buying the car btw.