Ferodo ds 1.11 brake pad. Reviews?

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Anyone running or tried these in the past? My CL RC6s are coming to an end and I can either go with the proven recipe and stick with them or go for the D1.11 compound which is meant to be great and similar price to the CL one. I'd love to try the RS29 but I can't really justify their astronomical price.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Just got new DS1.11 pads 2 weeks ago and till now they are superb for daily use, great grip cold and hot.
Will get back to you after i get back from the ring 11/12 June.

[MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION] how are the rc6s to live with on a daily basis cold bite ok etc? I've just finished off my rc5+ and need some replacements same kinda position as you stick to what I know or try others.

RC6s performance wise are brilliant hands down David. They are not noisy, cold bite is brilliant and I never had them fade. The problem is the dust and the fact that they are massively overkill for a daily. Really no need for them, is yours a daily?

My car is not being used for commute any more, it's just the odd blast, track days and a trip to the Alps per year so I really don't have to swap them with something milder. When I used to use the car everyday DS2500 were more than enough.

I now bought a slightly used set of PF compound 8 which I'll try and by the time I run these down I'd have to change the rotors as well. DS1.11 will be going on probably since I've been gearing great reviews!

Because honestly you touch the pedal and the passengers are about to go through the front window lol!

Exaggeration but you get my point mate, they are just too strong for plodding around and don't allow any modulation on the pedal on low speeds. You basically have too much stopping power, power you don't need and that of course takes it toll to the wear on the discs. Couple that with the pad wear (more expensive than a traditional daily pad) and dust and you get the picture:smile: