Flamingo land reviews plz

chris1888-197

Paid Member
Has anyone been to flamingo land ? Going for a week in October and was just looking for some reviews on it. The 2 kids are looking forward to it. Going to take the clio and I am just about to out cooksport spring on it , any pics or advice of how the springs are would be much appreciated. Thanks

Don't know anything and flamingo land but cooksport are a decent spring, have pretty good reviews on these cars but more on the 182, their owners use them a lot.

Flamingo Land is a pretty decent theme park, some good rides and the zoo part of it gives you something else to do. I haven't been to the resort part of it so can't comment on that. I'm sure the kids will love it though.

North Yorkshire is also pretty good for day trips out as there is a lot to do round there. You have the east coast with a couple of options:
Scarborough is very 'tourist' friendly - seafront arcades, little funfair, beach etc.
Whitby is a little more sedate, but very picturesque and has the abbey, which you may or may not know was in the original Dracula story...
Filey is a small place, not much to do, but a large beach and the Brigg is nice to walk on too.
Bridlington (see Scarborough)

You also have York fairly close by which is a nice little city, loads of shops, restaurants etc. Some tourist attractions as well inc Yorvik.

Some cracking roads across the N York Moors if you get chance for a blast out in the Clio. You can combine a drive out with a visit to Goathland - the village where they filmed Heartbeat (the younger members might not remember that :smiley: ).

North Yorkshire is a lovely place to visit, plenty to do and see, I'm sure you will enjoy it :smile: if you want to know anything more, let me know.

PS I know nothing about Cooksport springs, but the North Yorks Tourist Board owe me some serious commission :biggrin:

Thanks very much for info [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] I am really looking forward to it. Il def take up the places you have mentioned and def get a blast with my brother on the b roads you said (escape from the wifeyes for a wee hour or 2) il post a couple of pics when I get the springs fitted this week. And again thank you very much for info.

Last edited:
No probs :smile: hope you have fun.

If you check the link in my signature for the Sept run out, there is a Google maps route of the roads we are using. The section you and your bro could try is the triangle that starts from Pickering, goes up the A169, left onto the A171, left in the direction of Hutton le Hole and then back along the A170 to Pickering. Really nice run out, fantastic roads :smile:

No problem mate.

i was looking into cooksport before I changed my 197, if you do a search there is a thread by member 'gam' and several reviews of them in there.